Landrover Lightweight Part Query

Rover8FFR

Dear All

I know this came of my winterised FFR but can't remember where.

Can anyone help so that I can bag it and store it safe for future refurb and assembly?

Also found a connecting power lead???? Any pointers please.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and a Happy New Year to one and all as been away from the forum for some time.

Regards

lightweight part query.jpg

battery lead label.jpg

battery lead.jpg

9ACR means the cable is from an FV432.

Chris

Chris that is most useful and now proves totally useless to a Landrover / Humber owner.

Is it for batteries for a Clansman set up.

More puzzling is when and where I aquired it all those years ago?????

Regards

Wayne the DMC of 9ACR is for tracked carriers & armoured ambulances, spare parts. So predominantly FV432, it may well do the job though. Ideally Rover parts for yours would carry the DMC of 7RU or earlier it was LV7/RU. (DMC= Domestic Management Code)

PS Welcome to 2012

Wayne meant to say, the terminal looks to be like that used inside the type of shunt box fitted with the single ammeter. The mounting on a bracket though is unfamiliar to me.

I seem to remember it was in engine bay for some reason near bulkhead?????

2012 will not be a good year for me mate, but thanks for comments :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it looks like an insulated electrical terminal post to me!

Did you have a split charger or anything fitted that required an additional feed taken elsewhere?

It may also be that it was used on the bulkhead to link out what would have been the starter solenloid on a non pre-engaged (inertia) starter motor system after a pre-engaged starter was fitted, if you know what I mean.

Also the case if it was converted from petrol to diesel, the solenoid wire would have been extended from its original place to down onto the starter motor as well.

Does that jog any memories? :D

Alec.

Edited by Rangie

Well, it looks like an insulated electrical terminal post to me!

Did you have a split charger or anything fitted that required an additional feed taken elsewhere?

It may also be that it was used on the bulkhead to link out what would have been the starter solenloid on a non pre-engaged (inertia) starter motor system after a pre-engaged starter was fitted, if you know what I mean.

Also the case if it was converted from petrol to diesel, the solenoid wire would have been extended from its original place to down onto the starter motor as well.

Does that jog any memories? :D

Alec.

Alec the starter motor thing could make sense. was always petrol motor so diesel thought discounted. I didn't get a picture of the engine bay near the solenoid for starter so I guess I need someone with another landy to take a picture of theirs in-situ.

Thanks for reply though. Appreciated