WW2 K2 Ambulance driver's 100th birthday.

David B.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything went well on the day. Ably supported by three British marked jeeps,Bedford MW,Austin K5 and BSA M20 the cake was duly delivered to mark the occasion of the lady's 100th birthday.

Also present (in red)was the lady's 97 year old sister who also drove a K2 in the same Red Cross/St John's unit at the same time in 1944/45 engaged in ferrying casualties back to the channel ports from Belgium and Holland.

Many thanks to my fellow members of the MVT North Oxon and Cotswolds Branch for their help in making the occasion memorable to these two fine people.

A fuller report has been submitted to Windscreen.

David Belcher.

06.jpg

25.jpg

17.jpg

28.jpg

10.jpg

21.jpg

09.jpg

Edited by David B.

Blimey David!

I missed this thread and what a fanstastic gesture! It is has always been a bug bear of mine that we (history) always focus on the people on the frontline and never the millions behind them. You can only imagine the sights and sounds she saw and had to mentally deal with. God bless her and you guys.

Hi David,

What a wonderful lady, no doubt it brought back a few memories for here, and her sister and a few stories I would imagine. I suspect a very satisfying day for you.

regards, Richard

Absolutely dead right Richard - a very rewarding and worthwhile day out and lots of memories revived for the ladies.

regards,

David.