edgejucation

fv1609

I went into a builder's merchant today, young man (English) asked if I was looking for anything in particular.

Me: "Bog seats"

Man: "What?"

Me: "May I ask do you sell lavatory seats"

Man: "I don't know, but we've got toilet seats"

Me: "I expect I'll be able to make one fit"

Well at least that's the wife's Christmas present sorted :-D :-D :-D

I went into a builder's merchant today, young man (English) asked if I was looking for anything in particular.

Me: "Bog seats"

Man: "What?"

Me: "May I ask do you sell lavatory seats"

Man: "I don't know, but we've got toilet seats"

Me: "I expect I'll be able to make one fit"

Well at least that's the wife's Christmas present sorted :-D :-D :-D

Thought you used B&Q on a Wednesday ? :-D;)

Actually where I go is cheaper. Even if I was eligible for that old persons Wednesday discount (which you seem to know so much about) this place is still cheaper everyday. Besides the garden centre pensioners discount is today so I don't want to have to go out tomorrow as well :-D

When I was at college back in the late 1980s one of my friends went into Halfords and asked if they had any AC batteries. After rejecting the batteries on offer as they were DC, the assistant agreed to order some AC ones ....

Andy

Always a perverse favourite of mine:

Assistant- "That'll be £4.48 please"

Me- "Well, here's £5.03 just to make it easier for you" :-D

Shame the electronic idiot-tills have made it easier for them, they don't even have to work out the change now!!

I still calculate the change, the number of times they have short-changed me by "accidentally" punching the wrong amount into the till is unreal, and still they ARGUE about it! The till says thats the change so it must be right!!! Grrr! :mad:

Must.......stop.......rant........starting.............:nut:

Alec.

Shame the electronic idiot-tills have made it easier for them, they don't even have to work out the change now!!

I still calculate the change, the number of times they have short-changed me by "accidentally" punching the wrong amount into the till is unreal, and still they ARGUE about it! The till says thats the change so it must be right!!! Grrr! :mad:

Alec.

If you can do mental arithmetic you must be...................'of a certain age';)

Yeah Rangie I often do the same kinda thing...on more than one occasion I've actually been told .

..(on trying to explain to the youngster and some not so young exactly why I'm offering them a bit of loose change)

"nah mate I can't do it like that .......

..it'll mess up how much money is in my till at the end of the day see!"

Alec.

And they look so surprised when you hand them the exact amount before they've finished ringing it up.:shocked:

(Not to mention comprehensively flummoxed when you check your change, tell them it's wrong, and proceed to hand them back the excess....):-D

Mined ewe, one checkout operator in Aldi was less than pleased today: I gave him a pocketful of silver and he could only just shut the cash box afterwards - they must have topped up the float for the Christmas rush.:-D

I have 2 experiences of Yoofs I remember.

1. I go into a Petrol station to buy 3 items. I add the prices up in my head to get the correct money ready. Yoof assistant uses a calculator to add up the 3 items and gets it correct on the Third attempt!!!!

2. I go into a Hardware shop to buy some 1/4 Whitworth bolts. They sell them but I couldn't find the correct length I wanted. I ask the Yoof assistant for Whitworth Bolts and he asks "Whats Whitworth?"

"Whats Whitworth?"
I think they make prunes :D

For my garage inspection lamp I use "rough service" bulbs so that the filaments can withstand a bit of shaking around without blowing.

I once went into our hardware shop & duly asked for a 60 watt rough service bulb.

Yoof produced a normal domestic bulb & said "I'm sorry nowadays they are all smooth"

Suprised he knew what a light bulb though. On the other hand a bloke went into a builders yard and asked the old guy 'Do you have 10 kg of sharp sand and 2 kg of cement, or would you prefer it in imperial?'

The old guy looked at him :' Put how you like mate. We do it by the shoveful'.

Though I did have one, well it looked vaguley human, get on the bus and present a travel card. I called him back and pointed out the card was invalid. He asked me why and I told him it was dated the 31 st. He rightly pointed out it wasn't the 31 st of the month. He was correct, except, his card was dated 31st of February.

The pillock was going through a pocket diary (Though I was suprised he even knew what a book was) looking for February the 31 st.

Though I did have one, well it looked vaguley human, get on the bus and present a travel card. I called him back and pointed out the card was invalid. He asked me why and I told him it was dated the 31 st. He rightly pointed out it wasn't the 31 st of the month. He was correct, except, his card was dated 31st of February.

The pillock was going through a pocket diary (Though I was suprised he even knew what a book was) looking for February the 31 st.

lol, we have just had new ticket machines at work that reads pensioners/disabled passes, going to be interesting!

Mark