Bedford MWD

fayjo56

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one day on her this weekend, built the rear wheel boxes. I haven't screwed the tops down yet, will take the advantage to paint under the arhces from the top first. :-D Oh, and the radiator arrived back from my friend, via a third party. Just got to fit it now!

mwrearwheelboxes004_zps1c0eb3e9.jpg

mwrearwheelboxes007_zps51d3602c.jpg

mwrearwheelboxes010_zps6901a22b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still plodding on. I've made the toolbox and petrol can carrier, fitted a few pipes and bits on the engine and slapped some more paint about!

mwfrontjune13002_zps8786e01a.jpg

I'm still messing about with colours too. I may go with a 'late war' finish and have a can of 298 Olive Drab, so may use this with mickey mouse camo. Not sure yet. Any strong opinions either way?

I'm still messing about with colours too. I may go with a 'late war' finish and have a can of 298 Olive Drab, so may use this with mickey mouse camo. Not sure yet. Any strong opinions either way?

Last week I resprayed a MW for a forum member, to smarten it up for a family wedding and next year's Normandy tour. It is in Cromadex BS298 Olive Drab, as you can see here, it looks well in its new coat.

MW respray.JPG

Well my girl das have an early dark brown as a base coulor with Mickey Mouse camo over it.

You can use that trough out the whole war period from Dunkirk till Berlin and cheange only the signs.

But as you know its al what you want to do with your MV.

I think you will find the headlamp surround rings are in back to front ;)

Thanks Richard. They're actually not proper rings but my design to have easily removeable bridge plate and blackout in case I need to travel at night. With the blackout fitted it gives the impression of having the early large headlamp. (I hope).;)

The MW you have just painted looks great, thanks for posting the pic. I am certainly leaning toward that colour.

Here's a picture, i like, the truck looks to me to have three colours to the camo pattern, and a great big 30 mhp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78061[/ATTACH]

Hi John,

Is that MW captured by the Germans? Maybe it is 30kph, put on the the captors? The m/cycle combo following (looks like one) is left handed and vehicles in front are not British.

Talking of paint colours where d'ya get yours john ? do you have a paint code ? I can get your sample matched by a company near me but they want £100 for a five litre tin of cellulose satin finish :wow: just wondered if someone else does it cheaper.

By the way fayjo56 your trucks really looking good won't be long now :cool2:

How many Mw owners are thinking of going to Dunkirk ? spoke to my mate the other day and he's up for a trip so it looks as though mine wil have to finished by 2015 :-D think we'd better start another thread on this subject :-)

Talking of paint colours where d'ya get yours john ? do you have a paint code ? I can get your sample matched by a company near me but they want £100 for a five litre tin of cellulose satin finish :wow: just wondered if someone else does it cheaper.

Why would you want to paint it in cellulose ? Would not have been in that type of paint when new.

My paint comes from b an s supplies in stoke on trent, It's a synthetic enamel, costs around 80 for 5 litres, I thought it was dear, till my mate told me he pays that for a litre of primer!! I think 80-100 per five litres is about right?

I think going rate for the paint I have just used, Cromadex, is about £48 for 5 litres and I swear by it. Covers extremely well. It is synthetic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm havin trouble with photobucket so no pics. I dropped the sump off today and was pleasantly surprised, all clean - no sludge!

I wish I had pleasant surprises during the my project, I can't recall one yet!

• 3 weeks later...

Your petrol tank looks OK! Still tin-plated. I used a paint remover paste which acts upon the paint. The paint will swell and can be easily removed. Do not sand blast your petrol tanks because it will remove the tin layer. You will need a special/universal primer which adheres to the tin.

• 2 weeks later...