RIP and Respect to them all.

RattlesnakeBob

My thoughts today are for my lovely old Nans youngest brother , 21 year old Great Uncle Leslie Jane of Herefordshire who never retured from North Africa in WW2 .I would give anything, to somehow be able to shake his hand and tell him how profoundly grateful I am, to him and the many thousands of men and woman like him that gave absolutely everything they had, so that we could live as we do. RIP and Respect to them all.

Lest we for forget bob...

My thoughts our with my farther who past away in 2010 of lung cancer . He served on h.m.s. ark royal during the Suez campaign..

r.i.p. dad..

R.I.P. To all that fought and died in conflicts and wars over sea's My thoughts will be with you on remembrance parade on Sunday..

Edited by northrecce

Hope I don't offend anyone here

I sat the children down today just after 11 ( I had observed the 2 mins alone in the garden) I asked the children if they knew what was special about today, no one knew. I asked if any of them knew what this was-pointing to my poppy- one child called out it was a tomato!!!!! But most knew it was a poppy. (I work in a nursery school and the children in my area are 2-4years)

One child said I was wearing a poppy to think about the dead soldiers. Another child told me later the special soldiers had saved the planet!

The most heart stopping moment however was when a 3 year old sat down next to me and said that her dad was in London doing a special march for his friend who had died.

We had no idea her dad is in the forces. Must admit I had a tear in my eye.

Love from Rosie x

RIP all who went before.

But spare a thought too this weekend for the young lions and lionesses who will be strapping on their gear and checking their equipment for the umpteenth time before stepping out into their destiny on our behalf.

We can be proud of those who did it in the past, and we can be equally proud of those who do so in the present.

Hope I don't offend anyone here

I sat the children down today just after 11 ( I had observed the 2 mins alone in the garden) I asked the children if they knew what was special about today, no one knew. I asked if any of them knew what this was-pointing to my poppy- one child called out it was a tomato!!!!! But most knew it was a poppy. (I work in a nursery school and the children in my area are 2-4years)

One child said I was wearing a poppy to think about the dead soldiers. Another child told me later the special soldiers had saved the planet!

The most heart stopping moment however was when a 3 year old sat down next to me and said that her dad was in London doing a special march for his friend who had died.

We had no idea her dad is in the forces. Must admit I had a tear in my eye.

Love from Rosie x

Don't know how any one could take any offence at that,

Regards,

Paul.

In addition to a red poppy, I wear a small blue Forget me not. The story of the Poppy is intresting, it went from Ipere's Essex Farm ADS, where John Mc Cree wrote it to his sister in Canada. It was her idea to use the Poppy as a symbol of remeberance, from there the idea spread to the U.S.A and did not return to Britian till the 1920's.

The blue Cornflower, or Forget Me Not? That is the colour and symbol of Rememberance in France.

Around the French/Britsh sector of the Western Front, you will see clumps of poppies with cornflower mixed in, planted as permenat signs of remeberance.

The Credo, they shall not grow old, is the fourth verse of a poem called For the Fallen written by Laurence Binyon (1869-1943)

the greatest respect . although on my way to work this morning called in a local petrol station in sheffield and asked where are your poppies ! assistant replies under counter .i asked why. assistant replies poppy days gone . so i asked what has happened to rememberance sunday then ! and demanded one , not going into any more detail or who ownes the said garage , but i wasnt happy . :-|