Another one for the Lion pit....

ColinR

Thought I had better introduce myself.

Have only been involved in the MV world for about a year now when a work colleague of mine got me involved in his Willys Jeep resto.

Now have a BSA M20, and half shares in a Chevy C8 and Dennis fire trailer plus all the other bits that go with the hobby!

But also involved in restoring various trailers, four to be precise and other smaller projects.

So will probably be picking your brains shortly for lots on info.

Welcome Colin and a great way to get into the MV and would like to see some pictures of your M20 :-D

Also you are a bit of a landmark as you are our 500th member and Mark did say that he would send a bottle of Whisky to the 500th member so you are in luck and you also have the Dancing Girls to look forward to and Joris will send them on over as soon as he has finished with them :roll: :|

Cheers

Jack.

:banana:

Any chance of the dancing girls before the whiskey? :-D

Thank you for the greetings, I'm looking forward to frequenting this site on a regular basis, especially if anyone out there knows about Chevrolet C8s. :naughty:

Jack - The M20s Not much to look at at the moment but three of us will be sorting her out after Christmas, so she could be looking good sooner rather then later!

Welcome to the forum Colin.

Seeing as your in Essex I hope we will see you at our show next year.

Essex Armour & Softskins MV Group will be holding their 2nd. Annual Military Vehicle & Re-enactor Show at "Kelvedon Hatch (Essex) Secret Nuclear Bunker" on 19th & 20th May 2007, camping from Friday 18th, on site catering & Bar, all vehicles welcome including Tracked. Re-enactors welcome & large areana.

The Bunker is located on the A128 Ongar Road & is within easy reach of the M25 & M11.

Militaria Stalls please email for trade form.

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=49&topic=2660.0

For a booking form or more details please PM Safariswing or myself.

Sorry SOP is whisky before the dancing girls :oops2:

Oh well I'll just have to keep a stiff upper lip & crack on! :-D

Ian2b - Had been thinking about the show at Kelvedon Hatch. A colleague at work reminded me (Mentioned that he use to maintain the power etc at the site when it was ready for the big bang) & its just down the road as I live at Waltham Abbey.

So I'll ask the lads if there available, and PM.

• 3 weeks later...

good to see another m20 on here they are great fun to play with although the wife keeps saying she wants a sprung pillion pad instead of the solid one currently fitted .I am only a short distance round the m25 in Rickmansworth so if I can be of any help to you get in touch ,cheers Nigel

Guest Colin R

Glad to hear of a couple more M20s! I can't wait to get 'Daisy' up and running I've been waiting to start as I promised my mate his Jeep would be welded up first, thats done so now its spend, spend, spend!

Any recommendations for getting the forks checked, i've a very slight ding in mine, also if anyone could explain why I can't get my d**n front wheel off even though I've loosened both nuts fully!!?

also if anyone could explain why I can't get my d**n front wheel off even though I've loosened both nuts fully!!?

Colin,

The wheel spindle nuts have shoulders which locate in the fork ends, you may not have undone them enough, also don't forget the bolt through the brake backplate torque arm.

Richard

Colin,

also don't forget the bolt through the brake backplate torque arm.

Richard

?, any pics Richard so I don't take a b****y big hammer to it in frustration!

Only joking wouldn't do that to her!!

I may have removed this already but any further info would be good.

?, any pics Richard so I don't take a b****y big hammer to it in frustration!

Only joking wouldn't do that to her!!

I may have removed this already but any further info would be good.

Colin,

No hammers required here :-)

Take a look at the front brake plate, there is an arm fixed to it, that extends up the inside of the fork leg, a bolt secures it, make sure this bolt is removed. Disconnect speedo cable, slacken off the spindle nuts well clear of fork ends and if neccessary, prise fork legs apart slightly to allow wheel to drop out. I am assuming you have the front end off the ground, usually a block of wood under the bash plate.

Unfortunately, BSA did not have any pics of the front wheel in the manuals.

Richard

Cheers Richard, If I remember rightly I have removed that, I dare say its just more effort required!

I'll have a look at her tomorrow and see what the score is.

In regards to CMPs, My mate & I started looking for any vehicle and this one just so happened to pop up, so we went for it and got it. I had tried for others but always too slow!

We would like to go for a HUP next if possible but definitely something with a bit more load capacity or else something that would look good in front of a Bofors (Just want a good excuse to get one!).