DVLA Theale

Just had the pleasure of submitting my V55/5 for my Jeep at Theale, which is thankfully only 10 minutes from me. Remarkably helpful young man there helped with the forms and in 10 minutes and 55 quid later all was done ! :cheesy:. Now standby 3 working days for tax disc and registration number. Must also say a big thank you to Liz at Dallas Autos who took time to look over my docs before I went down there today.

I must admit I was braced for red tape and questions but the experience could not of been easier. So big positive feedback for DVLA Theale, I havnt stopped grinning yet !

I had to go to the DVLA office at Theale when I had problems with my WOA2 - the DVLA said it was taxed off-road but I knew nothing about this. They were very helpful and pleasant and quickly sorted it out.

All depends on who you get, some people want to be helpful whilst others just want to create barriers. I registered my GMC in the 1990s, an attractive young lady came out to inspect my truck, she crawled all over it after numbers etc. When she had finished I remarked on what a beautiful truck the GMC was, she replied, do you think so,? it does nothing for me. I fell out of lust with her there and then.

Bugger ! they want to inspect it, take it that means no reg beforehand :embarrassed:. Which means all manner of arranging trailers to Theale and home again and more waiting. Inspection not til 3rd November. Oh and the insurance peeps are playing hell about only having chassis number so Im going to have to get in touch with them again. All traces of smug now temporarily removed. Ahh well once the snow comes I might have a wee 4 x 4 I can use :-)

I had my GPW inspected at Theale and handed over my paperwork at the desk, it was quick and painless and they were great to deal with. So pleased with the service I even left a little puddle of oil in the car park for them :-D Tax disc arrived a couple of days later.