Hello from forumless Berliet, Renault and Volvo owner.

jamie_grieve

Hello!!!I thought I'd join in and say hello to everyone here. My name's Jamie and I am the owner of a Berliet GBU 15 6x6 general service cargo truck. It has a 15 litre 6 cylinder multifuel engine, rear mounted PTO winch and difflocks on the rear axles:P7051931.jpgA volvo TGB 1314 ex ambulance also 6x6 with a six cylinder petrol engine, portal axles and difflocks on all axles. This is the Swedish competitor designed and built at the same time as the 101.P6271745.jpgThe remains of a Renault TRM 2000 I'm going to use the portal axles from to make a buggy one day.P7141165.jpgI've also owned numerous Land Rovers, a Bedford MJ and used all manner of trucks and light 4x4's as part of my job. I've been a workshop and fleet manager of many Russian Kamaz, OAF, SAMIL, DAF and IVECO 4x4 and 6x6 trucks using them in Angola, Namibia and the middle East.My good friend Graham who doesn't 'do' forums has the Praga V3s above and also owned a Simca Sumb. We had a lot of fun with these things.My particular area of interest is exploring the cross country and recovery abilities of these vehicles as opposed to exploring any kind of military providence. I have a fair bit of real world experience with these things so if I can be of any assistance or whatever then please don't hesitate to ask.There's not really a suitable English speaking forum for all this 'stuff' any directions greatly appreciated.

Edited by jamie_grieve
Trying and failing miserably to sort the spacing out!!

Hi Jamie

Welcome to the Forum. It's good to see a few more owners of French vehicles on here (I have a Petrol SUMB).

Hopefully eventually there will be enough posts related to these vehicles to justify their own topic alongside the

German, American and East European vehicles.

Iain