Latest Issue MTP

Eaglehurst

Looks like the latest issue MTP is now in circulation (was expected from April 2011 onwards). The older issue MTP is the CS95 type clothing in MTP pattern and was produced as an Urgent Operational Requirement in Afghanistan. The mainstream issue of MTP will be in the new Personal Clothing System (PCS) which has a different design as per spec below. Interestingly it looks as many of the features of the new design are based upon the older CS95 'Smock Combat Windproof Modified (MK2) Woodland DPM'...

Smock, Combat Windproof MTP. Fitted with:

· Front slide fastener (zip) and touch and close (velcro) closure.

· Attached hood and cowl.

· Reinforcement panel on sleeves.

· Bellows pocket on sleeves with touch and close fastening.

· Underarm vent/opening with slide fastener.

· Adjustable cuffs.

· Bellows breast pockets with external compass pocket (left).

· Bellows waist level pockets with internal hand warmer pockets.

· Jetted opening to form map pockets in mesh lining with slider fastener and internal pen pockets.

· Adjustable draw cords in hood, waist and hem.

· Rank strap.

· Blanking panels for touch and close patches on sleeve bellows pockets.

Edited by Eaglehurst

MTP thats on the market at the moment is the first issue stuff not the current stuff alot of it has come from disposal as i know someone who is in the surplus trade and they can get it direct from the MOD

what i would pay for a 190/120 smock i would max out at about £50 inc P&P as thats what they will be when it gets more mass market

Just offering my own thoughts ! I certainly think that we cannot overlook the new MTP clothing in discussion because it is the next generation in the 50-odd year development of British combat clothing.........

But I am also personally mindful that it is often essential for peace of mind to ensure the provenance of anything acquired for the collection......

It is sometimes the case that MoD suppliers and the MoD itself dispose of "overruns" of surplus stock of items onto the market, in some instances before an item has been universally issued such is the irony of the world we live in ! But certain things, such as MTP, to the best of my knowledge has not (yet) been sanctioned for official disposal (though it won't be long I guess).....and I can recall only a few months ago now seeing some new MK7 combat helmets for sale on Ebay about the same time as the thing began to be introduced on the front line !!

This isn't really a new situation......I recall that during the 1970's it was near-nigh impossible to buy DPM combat clothing other than some very worn, slashed, repaired trousers and smocks.......in fact, you couldn't even find 'em in surplus shops until at least 1979-80......

I must be the only person in the world who thinks MTP & multicam are crap. Crap material, crap quality and, quilt useful in certain theatres, NOT a universal camo.

There's a good reason the Septics are getting rid of multicam and opting for A-TACS. And not just because every man and his dog is in multicam.

Dave

Same old reason I think Dave....£££ :undecided:

I see its been the focus of a few upset RSM's due to the big question of tucked in with Regt Stable belt worn or wear out without belt........

It'll never be worn "without belt" hopefully this will be the perfect opportunity to get away from the tucked in look, hideous in my opinion, and totally impractical on Ops, why we have this fixation with sleeves up and shirt tucked in look is way beyond me. You cannot regulate body heat with your shirt tucked in and it's so damn uncomfortable in the heat of Afghan etc, will it make us look more like yanks? probably but it'll be a lot more comfortable to work in. And yes I guess there's going to be lots of huffing and puffing from RSMs until we sort out weather it's "up and in, up and out, down and in, down and out".

Gucci kit..................

Was told SIB were at w+p checking the stalls for it.

I always smile when I hear about SIB sneaking around..........as a former service plod and with over 25 years in the civvy equivalent, the reality is there's actually bugger-all SIB can do to stall-holders touting semi-suspicious goods in the UK....they are not "Constables" therefore do not have the jurisdiction to seize, demand, or order anything against anyone not subject to military regs..........usually, the route around this is to mount a "joint operation" with civ-pol or MoD-pol whom do have such powers to seize goods, etc..........

I guess at any one time, be it military events, Ebay, etc, at least 20% of stuff offered for sale has originated via dubious means........but at the end of the day it's all down to proof, evidence, etc..........unless one has 200+ boxes of 2011-dated rat-packs for sale in an enormous pile the odd pair of MTP underpants is hardly likely to be worth the time and effort....but there again, in the weird world of today you never quite know.......:-\