Warning MV seller!

lightweight

My lightweight is for sale on Milweb at the moment and a guy has attempted to con me out of it and help him defraud the bank at the same time!

His idea works like this......

He offered me the full purchase price (£3000) for my landy plus £100 for doing him a little favour. Sounds good so far!

He says he will send me a bankers draft for £6000, which I have to cash. I give £2900 to the guy who picks up the landy for some other unspecified items he has also bought, and pocket the rest.

Sounds easy, but the bankers draft is duff. The bankers draft goes into my account, clears immediately (as they do) and I draw out the £2900 and hand it and the landy keys over to the man.

10 days later the bank realises that the draft is no good and asks me for the £6000 back, but I only have £3100 - and no landy! Our hero, meantime, has my Landy and nearly £3000 cash.

Needless to say, I haven't accepted his kind offer - but I have reported him to the Police, Milweb and Yahoo!

If you are contacted by a guy called Mark Samson - m.sam01@yahoo.co.uk - tell him to get knotted and report him to the relevant authorities. The Police have advised me that they can't do much at the moment as an offence has not actually been commited - but the more complaints they get......

When I get these sort of messages I go along with it but reply in borat, that scares em off pretty quick :evil:

You little devil, Clive :-D. Much like me winding up those call centre operators from India, etc. who always call when you are getting a meal. I keep them going long enough by getting them to repeat everything, then spelling it, until they realise they are on a loser.

Richard

You little devil, Clive :-D. Much like me winding up those call centre operators from India, etc. who always call when you are getting a meal. I keep them going long enough by getting them to repeat everything, then spelling it, until they realise they are on a loser.

Richard

Ah the (in)famous Indian call centres.... I just start gabbling (literally) in Russian which confuses the hell out of them.... :evil: :evil:

No offence mind to any particular bobby member reading this - but the Police & Authorities do make me sick with their attitude that 'no actual offence has been committed' ! What happened to attemped fraud - surely that's still an offence? I wish our Police Force was a bit morelike the FBI - they would have set that low life up for a deal and had the cuffs on him when he came round with his fake bankers draft - but oh no not here we can't do entrapment - it might infringe his Human Rights!

And as for cash watch out if you are a buyer as in some parts of the UK innocent cash buyers have arrived to collect the car of their dreams only to be met by a gang with nothing to offer except violence if the poor victim does not had over his hard earned cash!