Flimpsies, Jerrycans and so on...

Rolf S. Ask

Hey

Did have a look at some of my jerrycans today. And have dessided to give them some tlc...

The first one I have never seen elsewhere...

The second one with Teresso on also have a nice spout (?). I think Teresso is some sort of lubrication for generators..

The last one still have its original paint. A little wash and it looks great I think..

Any ideas??

flimpsyno1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

teressono1.jpg

krftstoffeorgfargeno1.jpg

I think that is cheap. We pay from £10 - 15 and upwards for a nice jerrycan.. That is for a wartime. German cans of course the most expensive. I do have managed to get a few english POW cans too, but they seem to be a bit more far between here in Norway. But you guys have lots of them..

Rolf

Hi Rolf I'm looking for an 'NG' or 'PSC' British Jerry can if you can help ? 1944 prefered. Thanks Ian

Hi Ian

I've checked through my pile of WD cans, but I only have BMB, RTMB and W&W, there is one which has no names/letters, only an open diamond shape and a line, see photo, any ideas ?

Regards Gary

jerry.jpg

That is a nice list Radek

I did clean up the German can, and did even find the "20" that denotes the wight of it full. It is 20 for gasoline and 24 for water. But my mark is on top of it. Did read some where it was supposed to be down at one of the wide sides....

Regarding the square can, a friend of mine here in Norway told me that he did think it could be a Canadian can. Or a post war Norwegian since he did think they also was produced here for a short while...

Well have been able to clean up some of my US cans and had a coating off OD on to them. Guess I need to order some stencils :-)

Rolf

12072011255.jpg

• 1 year later...