New member reporting for duty!

Hi all, Have just joined HMVF after migrating from the now defunct Tank Museum Forum. I've been a member of the Friends of the Tank Museum since about 1993, and have been VERY lucky in being able to help out at the Tank Museum since then. My first foray into helping the Museum was getting their Sherman and Comet ready for the VE Day +50 Parade in Weymouth in 1995, spending a weekend painting the Museum's Sherman and luckily got a chance to drive an M5 Stuart and the Museum's Sherman that Weekend. After that, I learnt to drive both an Alvis Saladin and Saracen, taking them to public events to advertise the Museum. In recent years, I finally got my H Licence, using this to drive the Museum's M548 rides vehicle, and also now assist in the Museum's workshop, having a chance to work on many of the Museum's exhibit's. I am now involved with the restoration of the Friends of the Tank Museum's M3A1 Stuart, and also crew it when it is out at events like Tankfest or War & Peace.

Dear Tankman,

Nice to have you here, please provide your own sandbag and sit down if you can find space.

Do you have a "real" name, maybe a first name?

Guessing you might be retired and thats how come you have time to spend at the museum these days?

Jolly lucky to drive such vehicles.

548s are fun, had an hilarious ride with about 20 other people around Beltring arena in Blobby's unit only to be doused by a fire truck that Mario so kindly stopped alongside.

Regards

Robin

Dear Tankman,

Nice to have you here, please provide your own sandbag and sit down if you can find space.

Do you have a "real" name, maybe a first name?

Guessing you might be retired and thats how come you have time to spend at the museum these days?

Jolly lucky to drive such vehicles.

548s are fun, had an hilarious ride with about 20 other people around Beltring arena in Blobby's unit only to be doused by a fire truck that Mario so kindly stopped alongside.

Regards

Robin

Hi Tankman,

Nice to see you on here.

Al

Welcome aboard.

The Clubhouse is slowly being adapted for you guys - you will notice the right front lawn has been covered in PSP (no more ruts) and the Summer Canvas air fresheners (kindly supplied by Allied Forces) in the canteen toilets have been replaced by Cordite and Jasmine.

Welcome Tankman,

Good to have you here and please make yourself at home.

As NOS said - there seems to be a lot of changes going on to the HMVF Clubhouse. I was a bit concerned the other day as someone was putting in a new water pipe across the clubhouse lawn - but I am suspicious because it is looking way to much like the WW1 trench scene at the Tank Museum...but was assured that it was just for a new water main:readpaper:

Yours concerned,

Jack.

Hi all and thanks for the nice welcome! I must say the club house looks good... and the cordite & Jasmine scent makes me feel right at home! Yes Robin, Tankman10 does have a name.... Hi all, i'm Andy (or as Big Al will know me as "Little Andy"... semi long story!), and no, i'm not actually retired (still only 38 i'll have you know!... just ignore the grey hairs!), just lucky to have free weekends and no kids (not until 2 weeks now though with kids... daughter on the way AND she will learn to like camo!). I'm looking forward to spending some time on here and once loaded up to the system will hopefully be adding some of my photo's to here (removing an M3A1 Stuarts engine photo's amongst others anybody?).

Andy

Sprogs can be very usful! They fit into all the spaces we have grown to big for! :D

Yes Andy is a handy bloke who,s size is usefull for fitting in tight places in the tank museums workshops on workshop freinds weekends. :thumbsup: