New Member buildin a RC Scammell Explorer

Hello

Im Mark 47 years old and live in Halifax,West Yorkshire

I served my apprenticeship at Halifax bus garage on Daimler Fleetlines,Leyland Leopards,PD1s 2s and 3s

A real treat used to be working on our AEC Matador,really loved that vehicle is it still around?

So brought up on a diet of leyland 680s and Gardner 6lx and LXBs

My main reason for joining is im into building Radio controlled vehicles and im just gathering information at the moment to build a Scammell Explorer

I seem to be struggling with pictures of the front suspension at the moment,i know it is a transverse mounted spring at the front of the axle but how is it attached to the chassis.

If anyone can help with picture it would be very much appreciated

Yours Mark

Hello

Im Mark 47 years old and live in Halifax,West Yorkshire

I served my apprenticeship at Halifax bus garage on Daimler Fleetlines,Leyland Leopards,PD1s 2s and 3s

A real treat used to be working on our AEC Matador,really loved that vehicle is it still around?

So brought up on a diet of leyland 680s and Gardner 6lx and LXBs

My main reason for joining is im into building Radio controlled vehicles and im just gathering information at the moment to build a Scammell Explorer

I seem to be struggling with pictures of the front suspension at the moment,i know it is a transverse mounted spring at the front of the axle but how is it attached to the chassis.

If anyone can help with picture it would be very much appreciated

Yours Mark

Hi Mark and welcome , If no one has any good pictures to hand I'll get you some for Wednesday if thats any help ! When you start the build please show us how it goes in a blog cos we love this type of project !:D

Hello Mark. It would make an interesting blog as Andy says. Sorry got no photos to hand at the moment but I'm sure you won't have to wait long... Enjoy the build. Are you basing it on a pre produced chassis or making everything from scratch? Have a look through the Explorer thread and the Explorer restoration blogs as there may well be some useful pics here already. Daz

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

I will start a build blog so you can all watch the build as it comes together

Andy pictures would be brilliant thanks

daz76 a lot of the parts including the chassis will be scratch built

The axles are from a Tamiya model and the rear is going to be converted to a walking beam type.

Progress so far?

Well axles are on there way as is the transfer box,got tyres but no wheels,got chassis material and thats about it for now

Mark

Hi and welcome,

If you want to come and crawl around a real one at the weekend we shall be working in the workshop. Its not far from Halifax to Selby.

Give us a call if you are interested.

Pete Stevens-with-a-v

(07791182122)

Steifbear

Thank you very much that would be brilliant,cameras already on charge in anticipation:D

Would have given you a bell this evening but i have left my phone at work:nut:

I will give you a tinkle tomorrow any particular time best for you?

Thanks once again

Mark