"Slight" problem in Oxfordshire......

ArtistsRifles

In back of my mind i seem to think anything over 7.5 tons is supposed to have lights on at night Also i seem to think there are restrictions on where any thing over 7.5 tons parks regardless of wether it is privately owned or has operators licence or not. Whats it weigh??

Fair point - LAs have discresionary powers under the Road Traffic regulations Act 1984 on any vehicles and may impose restrictions on any including commercial vehicles in any catergory even those under 3.5t which are not covered by operator licence and use Road Traffic Act 1991 to enforce without recourse to other authority, regulations on vehicles over 3.5t under restrictions imposed by the operators licence.

The point I was making was that the statement-

is not actually correct -I was trying to avoid getting into an overly long discourse on RTRA and RTA 1991.

Steve

Steve

You are more than likly right, was also trying to simplify a few thiungs, and thinking solely of private cars.

In back of my mind i seem to think anything over 7.5 tons is supposed to have lights on at night Also i seem to think there are restrictions on where any thing over 7.5 tons parks regardless of wether it is privately owned or has operators licence or not. Whats it weigh??

According to the artical it only weighs 4 tons. So well below any 7.5 ton limit.

Perhaps he takes the other 11 odd tons out when he parks up to keep it safe.

FV432 is 15 ton (according to Wikipedia) so this is probably a bit more.

Mike

Steve

Perhaps he takes the other 11 odd tons out when he parks up to keep it safe.

Mike

And where is the other 11 tons parked then, on the road or deposited on to the footpath!;)

I reckon to make it 4 ton everyhing including the roof has been removed and it's now a skip:D.

In that case it is a problem because you need permission and form filling and flashing beacons to put it on a highway.

Mike

you need permission and form filling and flashing beacons
I knew some-one wouldn't be able to resist posting something like that -I just wondered which one would do it ;)

Steve

Edited by steveo578
spelling/grammar

For a start the so called "reporting" of this story is rubbish. They seem to have got all the facts wrong. Jesus, all you need to do is Google FV434 and you will get all the answers you need. How do these people make reporters???

The 434 looks in great condition. However the blokes attitude stinks. He sounds like the average "Neighbour from Hell" and it looks like the locals have had to put up with it for years. Seems to me as the council have taken away all his previous rubbish he has been looking at ways in getting some payback and has chose this avenue to do it.

I'd start by asking this bloke if he has the correct H tracked vehicle licence to drive it and a working comms system for commander/driver comms.

He doesn't look like a real enthusiast to me and the hobby can do without people like him and the bad press he brings.

• 2 weeks later...