Attention 105 owners (M2A1 or M2A2)

Hi All!

My ex-Greek 105 is missing its carriage data plate, like most of them I would imagine. I believe the originals are cast from brass and are real hard to come by.

I have been in contact with a guy in the states who could re-cast them. Now I don't know the price as that would depend upon quantity ordered. All I need to know at this stage is whether there is a demand for these plates. Please let me know if you are interested.

If you have an original could you post a pic as I have noticed a few variations. Thanks!

Here is one I found on the net.

105 how data plate.jpg

Thanks Rob and Mav,

Can you get a nice close up shot? If I can't borrow an original I might have to make up a blank to get cast so it would be good to get it right. Brass casting is not cheap, either you have an expensive mold made or cast in sand, which is expensive in time as the mould has to be remade for every pour and there is much more cleaning up of the part.

I was going to do my own casting using white metal but I would much prefer brass.

have found the plate, its no Origanal, I think its a copy as its made of Ali or something like that but not brass.

It reads

No 6586

Carriage, How, 105mm

M2A2

Parish Pressed Steel Co

Its not the sharpest casting but it is readable, if you painted it brass colour, or green like the gun it would look fine

I'll try and post pictures over the weekend, its for sale if your interested ???

Thanks Rob and Mav,

Can you get a nice close up shot? If I can't borrow an original I might have to make up a blank to get cast so it would be good to get it right. Brass casting is not cheap, either you have an expensive mold made or cast in sand, which is expensive in time as the mould has to be remade for every pour and there is much more cleaning up of the part.

I was going to do my own casting using white metal but I would much prefer brass.

Please let me know by Sunday if you would like to buy the plate as I have other members who are interested if you don't buy it ??

Many thanks

• 1 month later...