Hi everybody

waggy

G'day one and all.

I found this site because a lot of people from it have been viewing one of my videos on youtube recently. I have never restored any military vehicles but do have an interest in military history.

I spent nearly 15 years (1972-1987) in the army, 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards, crewing Chieftains and Scimitars.

I still work for the MoD and regularly 'bump' into Chieftain hulks dotted around various training areas throughout the UK which I find quite sad, having crewed and commanded them at their peak.

Regards

Graham

Hello Graham

Welcome on here mate

As you say, I've been viewing 4th/7th on youtube today!

I was searching as I think my ferret was with the guards in 72.

Is this your upload?:

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Yep thats my vid. Dunno if this is any use for your FSC database but this is a photo taken while I was in Cyprus 1975. We were the UN Force Reserve and had a Squadron of MKII Ferrets. The MkI in the photo was the Squadron HQ vehicle, registration 34BA78.

Regards

Graham

Spew Tp Chariot.jpg

Hi Matt,

Yep thats my vid. Dunno if this is any use for your FSC database but this is a photo taken while I was in Cyprus 1975. We were the UN Force Reserve and had a Squadron of MKII Ferrets. The MkI in the photo was the Squadron HQ vehicle, registration 34BA78.

Regards

Graham

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41625[/ATTACH]

Hi Graham

Any in service pics are always very appreciated :-D Especially in my case Ferret Pics :-D There are loads of post war vehicle (armour/softskin) owners on here.

Acorrding to my database 34BA78 is whereabouts unknown (probably scapped :-( )

Cheers

Matt

Hi Graham

Any in service pics are always very appreciated :-D Especially in my case Ferret Pics :-D There are loads of post war vehicle (armour/softskin) owners on here.

Acorrding to my database 34BA78 is whereabouts unknown (probably scapped :-( )

Cheers

Matt

Matt

Typically for the army at most overseas bases, not counting BAOR, the majority of vehicles were CAST and sold or scrapped locally when they had come to the end of their service life. I heard a few stories from some of the older hands in my Regiment that when we left Aden in the 60's lots of the vehicles, including Ferrets and Saladins, were ditched in the Gulf?!

I'll have a look through my photo collection and see if I can find anymore FSC's.

Regards

Graham

Matt

Typically for the army at most overseas bases, not counting BAOR, the majority of vehicles were CAST and sold or scrapped locally when they had come to the end of their service life. I heard a few stories from some of the older hands in my Regiment that when we left Aden in the 60's lots of the vehicles, including Ferrets and Saladins, were ditched in the Gulf?!

I'll have a look through my photo collection and see if I can find anymore FSC's.

Regards

Graham

Hi Graham, welcome and enjoy the forum!