exrock (ex RAF Regiment CVRT Crew)

exrock

New to this site. I was in the RAF Regiment employed as a CVRT driver/Commander I have driven Spartans 48AT14 (now in the hands of sirch) 48AT16, 48AT87, 48AT88,48AT90 and various Scorpions 49AT44 etc.

As now a civvy I am not an owner driver unfortunately 1/ Can't afford 2/Wife (say no more) However would be willing to help.

New to this site. I was in the RAF Regiment employed as a CVRT driver/Commander I have driven Spartans 48AT14 (now in the hands of sirch) 48AT16, 48AT87, 48AT88,48AT90 and various Scorpions 49AT44 etc.

As now a civvy I am not an owner driver unfortunately 1/ Can't afford 2/Wife (say no more) However would be willing to help.

You do not need to own a vehicle, just join your MVT area, you will have the time of your life, just get involved, loads of people in the club are happy to have you share costs on trips to places like Normandy and Arnhem...... I have the vehicles but health and age issues are conspiring against me!!!!!! wish that I was 30 years younger.:kissoncheek:

I see that you are from Newcastle-on-Tyne, my family origins are the Wallsend area of Newcastle, I had many happy times up there with my many relatives in the 50s and 60s. The best Christmas and New year were spent with my relatives in North Sheilds, Christmas and New Year 1958 / 59. I had just been demobbed from the forces, and I did not drink in those days. Inevitabely I was nominated to do the driving. In the early hours of New Years day, we were still in the pub, my uncle John asked me to take a seriously inebriated guy to his home, I said, where does he live?, he replied, I dont Know, I dont know him..... thats when I realised just what a close knit community existed in the North East. That man had to direct me to his home, when we did arrive his wife could not have been nicer to a complete stranger..... wonderful times, wonderful people.