Good supplier of BSF

ajmac

Could anyone be kind enough to give me the details of a supplier of steel BSF fasteners (Hex nuts and bolts). I want to buy in bulk for the Loyd rebuild and all my normal suppliers have come up with nothing... plenty of UNF and metric but not BSF. I did find a company who supplied them for classic cars, but the price was laughable! If no one can help it is going to go metric with the heads ground flat:-(

I have a set of BSF taps (Got them for my WOA2, but it doesn't use BSF only Whitworth or UNF/UNC). Yours for a small sum. I am coming up to Lincolnshire in April so you can save on postage. PM me if interested.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I had the idea that the best and cheapest place wouldn't be on line, so I checked yellow pages and have ordered all that I need for the chassis and front hull. Everything was in stock, collection in the morning! Best deals were to companies so I used my Dads;)

Most old established tool sales/hardware places will have BSF and Whitworth somewhere in the stores. My local one fills a sack so I can hardly carry it for £20! Unfortunately, timing is everything: you can go and be told that they are very very rare and valuable. Go a month later and they have all gone off in a skip as scrap for only tens of pounds per ton of the things. The trick is to visit in the interim or at least keep in regular contact so you will find out when they are moving from the rare to the junk category. They are probably more keen to get rid just before an annual stocktake........