Update and a question on comms set up on FV434

harleybaird

Hi,

Its been a while since i have given you all an update on the 434, well it is now road registered and am just gathering up the pennies for the fuel to bring it home.

Now the question if i may, i have been thinking about the intercom set up for the 434, i have looked at a few threads and quite a few have said that an RT351 is a good set but im sure i need a few more components to achieve the intercom set up, could you help me gather a list of equipment i need please, i have a few headsets already.

Many thanks

Harley

You need an 'Interconnecting Box 3 Radio' (IB3) and a couple of 'Crew Box 2 Set' (CB2) - a power cable and some 12 way cables. You do not need a radio to use an intercom. Green Machine Surplus sells intercom kits with all the bits you need, otherwise look on ebay and you'll find the individual bits.

Chris

As Chris says, you don't need a radio at all, just an IB2 or 3 and assorted CB2 or 3s. I'm using an IB3 and four CB2s in my 432, one for driver, one for commander and two in the crew compartment. All the internal cabling and brackets were there already. Here's a link for all you need to know: http://ferret-afv.org/manuals/clansman_wiring_harness_and_control_boxes_description.pdf

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...