v112g queston

Hi,i have a lorry from the 80's,7.5 tonne declared on sorn parked up on some land,i recently looked at a v112g from the d.v.l.a and saw that i qualified on one of the sections from the list,so what do i do now,the lorry is insured,can i just march down to a main post office branch,hand them my sorn,v112g and insurance and get my tax disk?,

I've heard people talking about this form but don't know quite what to do with it?

thankyou

march down to a main post office branch,

Probably best not to, staff are paid a bonus dependant on the number of customers dealt with per hour. Although they are usually courteous & pleasant, if they don't know it is easier to say "No".

A rural sub Post Office on the other hand will be pleased to see you & find out if they don't know the answer.

I notice that very little notice is taken of the Certificate of Insurance nowadays, what counts is whether the computer knows that vehicle is insured.

Sorry Tony, a HGV can only be re taxed at a local DVLA office after it has been on SORN. You can only tax at the post office if there is no gap in licensing.

You will need to take your Insurance, Log Book and V112G form.

Thanks about the SORN. Is that HGV or LGV as it is now only?

Is that HGV or LGV as it is now only?

Full list of vehicles you cannot tax at the post office if you are not using the V11 reminder, i.e. vehicle is currently sorn.

• Goods vehicle (HGV)

· Reduced pollution HGV

· Trailer HGV

· Reduced pollution trailer HGV

· Private HGV

· Special trailer

· Special types vehicles

· Reduced pollution special types vehicles

· Small island vehicle

· Recovery vehicle

· Combined transport or reduced pollution combined transport

Edited by Grumpy

• 3 weeks later...

I think the V112G has become a victim of government cut-backs, as my renewals this month only require a X in the box and there is no mention of V112G and no notes on the reverse at all.

You are still liable for false declarations, so you need to be sure your vehicle IS exempt!

All I can say is that I've just done two renewals with the 'X in the box' for no mot, and no problems - this from the same P.O. where I have had to show a V112G previously.

This is because the renewal form has recently been altered and no longer specifies that a V112G should be presented.