up coming season.

griff66

Contemplating if to chuck the whole lot in.After more years than i care to remember i'm getting a bit bored of the show scene. Its becoming a bit same old,same old. The only light is the annual Beltring fest. And thats only because you can give your vehicle a good go around the arena. Ferret anyone.....

My vehicles don't hibernate for the winter. My last event of 2010 was November, and the first this year was in January. They get used or at least a short run around the block every couple of weeks in the 'off season' to keep their legs stretched.

I do however need to strip the Dodge carburettor on Saturday, as something has found its way in and is starving the engine of fuel.

My only other preparation is to see a mortgage advisor prior to filling them up.

Thinking about it,i would regret selling the Ferret. But i think i'm going to give the shows a complete miss for the next few years. May only do Beltring.

Why not try shows you have not been to before, I'm trying a few new shows a bit further afield.

1st time I went to the victory show it was brilliant, vehciles ive never seen before and traders.

Why not try shows you have not been to before, I'm trying a few new shows a bit further afield.

1st time I went to the victory show it was brilliant, vehciles ive never seen before and traders.

It doesn't matter what show you go to.The format,s the same.Arrive at a show.Park up.get a chair out,or have a walk around.Then maybe do an arena event in an arena thats far too small for the vehicle they are meant to be catered for.

Maybe its me.And that after 20 or so years ive maybe become tired of it.

know wot u mean about arenas most far to small enjoyed head corn watching planes take off and few beers in club bar when weathers good nowt finer than spending aweekend in the fresh air least when u go back to work u feel like u have done something at the weekend.

Edited by griff66

I'll be trying to finish off my Land Rover 90 as Gulf War 1.

Need to finish the welding the bulkhead, new fuel tank.

Clean up the last bits of paint work, spray & put back together.

Hopefully, weather permitting complete by the summer. :-\

I (we really, 3 of us) need to get my halftrack out of hibernation, we need to overhaul the brakes, fit a new exhaust system inc manifold gasket, wash off the dust and she`s ready to go....... nearly forgot, a tank full of petrol. :red::red::red:

Perhaps you need to look further afield for different events. I've been to plenty around my own region and the rest of the country that are different to how you describe.

It`s not really about vehicles all of the time, it`s more about interaction with like minded people, just chewing the fat.:red:

after almost a year of 'misfortune', most due to ill health, (wrists and knee operations), and poor weather, (-same old gripe there!) I finally hope to soon have my saracen repairs underway... if i can find someone with a NOS Fluid flywheel for it,.... or the right part numbers for all the seals,....? anyone?:rolleyes::undecided:

Currently grounded due to lack of funds - 3.5 years unemployment is biting -hard!! :(

Got to repaint the OT this year - and maybe/maybe not repair the gashes in one of the track skirts. And the Stalwart needs to work on the brakes finished off and the electrics sorted (no fuel gauge or head lamps currently....)