Military Headware

airportable

Helmets Ltd used to be located in Wheathampstead, Herts.....they also use the brand name "Cromwell"......they have since moved (I think) to Scotland and now called Helmet Integrated Sytems LTD.......

Would that be the company that made the the fibre helmets during WW2 that are often called Cromwells? They are made from pressed fibre bent round with a shaped piece rivetted over the top. They were private purchase items for sale to concerned civilians or to local authoritys.

Cromwell is often thought to be a nickname for them but maybe it was the brand.

Would that be the company that made the the fibre helmets during WW2 that are often called Cromwells? They are made from pressed fibre bent round with a shaped piece rivetted over the top. They were private purchase items for sale to concerned civilians or to local authoritys.

Cromwell is often thought to be a nickname for them but maybe it was the brand.

Cromwell was their brand name.....they also made motorcycle helmets, aircrew bone-domes, tank helmets and police helmets.....

A fairly old company, they did indeed have involvement in WW2 helmet production......

Think 7 3/8? Bit difficult to read. I bought because of the colour. Tropical?

The venerable crap hat was made from 1972 until the 1980's, although some limited modified production continued into the 1990's to equip recruits for field training. The cap was made in a full size range from size 6 through to 7 &3/4.......

There is no tropical version of this.....DPM camouflage came in a massive variety of colours depending on manufacturer, dyes, etc, and the cap illustrated simply reflects one of these many colour variants that can also be found on smocks, trousers and hoods, etc....

Thanks Jon. It's snug on my head. The colour is so different to my other it's gone in the collection.

I've got about 20 of these caps.....but the largest is a 7 & 1/8th........strangely, the two size 7's I have actually fit far better than the larger size...!!!??!! If you want small, try the pin-head size 6...........