Yanks are back in Saddleworth 2011.

berna2vm

Bit too far North, but enjoy the trip. :D

There are some intrestin pictures and film of Alderney here: http://www.thisisjersey.co.uk/hmd/

Thanks Tony. I will have a look at that. I've downloaded the video. I have my "Festung Alderney" book at the ready. Over the last few years we have been to Jersey and Guernsey (and sark). We went to Jersey before I was on the forum otherwise I would have said hello :-)

Hope you enjoy the road run lads :-) I'll get it in my diary for next year.

Cheers

Matt

Alderney is a fascinating, sometimes chilling place. The only Nazi concentration camps on UK soil, the only part of the UK ever bombarded by Her Majesty 's battleships (HMS Rodney) contact C.I.O.S. as well, they will give you more info.

right people further info for you all.

I have been informed this morning that during the event there will be things taking place in the school and on parts of the churchill playing fields there as been a full programme printed 10,000 in total which will be given out by air cadets over the weekend explaining what is happening when and where.

Hope to see you all there.

Yes, Simon. The Sunday is the plan. Timbo, what time and location to meet?

Hello Berna

You still up for this on Sunday. Sadly the Sabre has expired temporarily, so I will be taking the Lightweight (not that that is a bad thing you understand)..

Let me know if interested in a convoy over and I'll have a think about a suitable meeting point Sunday am..

Cheers

Timbo

Yes I am up for it. Simon needs to know so he can meet in the Militant.

Berna

How about 1030 at Ainley Top roundabout (J24 M62)? If you come off the M62 Westbound, there is a large layby within 100 yards or so of coming off the sliproad. Then we could head over from there..

Will pm my moby no..

Cheers

Tim

Been up there today at saddleworth school...good turn out and great crowds in Uppermill lots of people in period dress and Military Uniform...

I was told today thou that if i was looking to be in the convoy to be at Churchill Playing fields rather than the school...after the convoy small vehicles will be parked up at the school but bigger vehicles to go back to Churchill because of space

cheers

Mike

It's only the centre of Delph and the road out to Denshaw that is closed. If your coming from Yorkshire the A62 is fine as it bypasses Delph centre anyway. You can still turn onto Dobcross road toward Uppermill.

A640 is one to avoid as it brings you to Denshaw crossroads then the official diversion is nearly into Oldham centre to go back out on the A62 or better the A669 for Uppermill.