Newbie from the North West UK

owenmi01

Hi There,

This introduction is going to be short and sweet as i am not ex-military and do not yet have any military vehicles as we speak...

I am however actively looking to buy an ex-military Landrover 90 or 110 so hopefully will put some more info on here shortly..

cheers

Mike;)

Hi There,

This introduction is going to be short and sweet as i am not ex-military and do not yet have any military vehicles as we speak...

I am however actively looking to buy an ex-military Landrover 90 or 110 so hopefully will put some more info on here shortly..

cheers

Mike;)

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum, I think that you will find that a lot of members are not ex-military, and in some cases dont own a vehicle, none of that is important, just an interest coupled with some enthusiasm is all thats required...... enjoy the forum and let us know if you do acquire anything.:kissoncheek:

Thanks for the nice welcome all & a Happy New Year too !

Nice to see other Northern people too...Any of you get over to the Military Show over in Uppermill in Saddleworth each year...Small show but good atmosphere...

Landrover gun carrier sounds cool....and i am happy to help play with any ones toys and hope my own wont be too long coming;)

Mike:D

I have been along to the Saddleworth Show for the last couple of years, even seen the odd tv star there...

it seems to be mainly Austin Champs and then American vehicles...not too many tracked vehicles at all but its still interesting...maybe this year i will get to say hello to you...

1 of my best memories was 2 years ago when there was a fly past by a Lancaster Bomber...seeing it come in over the hillls 3 times and drop down into the valley was very impressive and a fantastic sound too...

mike

Hi There,

cheers

Mike;)

Welcome to the forum Mike,

You may also wish to join the MVT. The Manchester branch of the Military Vehicle Trust meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at "The Lancaster Club", Broadway, Oldham you would be very welcome to attend, vehicle ownership is not necessary. Our meetings start around 8pm with the formal part of the meeting starting at 9pm and lasting about 20 minutes. Popular MV magazines are usually on sale at the meeting. If you do come to the meeting ask for John Riley and I'll introduce you to a few people with similar vehicle interests.

Thanks for the nice welcome all & a Happy New Year too !

Nice to see other Northern people too...Any of you get over to the Military Show over in Uppermill in Saddleworth each year...Small show but good atmosphere...

Landrover gun carrier sounds cool....and i am happy to help play with any ones toys and hope my own wont be too long coming;)

Mike:D

welcome Mike

i go to saddleworth take the jeep etc nice little show like the run etc

Tony

I may just make it over to the local MVT meeting as its so close to me...trouble is i tend to work away quite often during the week... sure i can get to 1 here or there thou...

Looks like 1 or 2 people from here do get to the Saddleworth show then...any other local shows people attend ???... a lot of the major shows seem to be quite a distance away....

cheers

Mike

Hi There,

I have been pointed towards this ebay advert and whilst very interesting the 500mile round trip is just too far i think unless anyone on here maybe is able to take a look for me or maybe it belongs to someone here?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EX-MILITARY-LANDROVER-AND-SANKEY-TRAILER-/180608142481?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a0d158c91

thanks

Mike

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your kind words...itdoes look good with the sun on it...but i am biased i guess !

The photo was taken up in the hills above Oldham near Manchester...its about as high up as you can possibly get around here...

cheers

Mike

Hello Mike and welcome. Ex Northerner here too. Born and bred in Eccles, Manchester until 1995 then moved in a southern direction for love and career. Haven't looked back since.

Enjoy the forum and glad to see another Land Rover enthusiast.

If you are after a fine Land Rover 90 then FV1609 has, or may still have a Wolf FFR 90 for sale at a good price. It was advertised on the forum recently.

I have seen the vehicle and it is a fine specimen.

Regards