War Horse

gritineye

We went to see this show last night, it really is the most amazing show we've ever seen.

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/warhorse

You may need to refresh this page to get the trailer video to run.

I don't know what regiment the story is based around but I do so hope it is 15th or 19th Hussars. Why? Well both regiments took their horses to France in August 1914 and served as horsed cavalry until the trenches had been bled dry. Corporal C. E. Garforth, 15H won what must have been one of the last VCs to be won by an action in which he was fighting as a horsed cavalryman.

The regiments amalgamated in 1922 and for much of 15/19H's existence, the regimental recruiting area was Northumberland and Durham (and latterly Tyne & Wear).

To paraphrase the old joke. Two hussars out on patrol. One points and says, "Are they war horses?"

Geordie replies, "Nah I think they're the enemy's."

Belive me, put the horse actors in a feild, you'd be hard put to tell them from real.

Spielberg will spend many millions making a film of War Horse, but he won't be able to impress an old cynic me, unbelievably a few people and wooden props on stage did, and I had to be dragged kicking into the theater...:shake:..they managed a complete suspension of disbelief!

more 4 channel today showed a clip advertising a programme about it this week ...

thanks will look out for it.

Sigh! you fellas get all the great shows......all we get is bleedin re runs of "Desperate Housewives" and Shane Warnes memoirs

It might be worth searching the world-wide-net, inter-web, "thingy" - to see if you can down-load a recording of it, or even watch it “live” on-line ?!

Sigh! :cry: you fellas get all the great shows......all we get is bleedin re runs of "Desperate Housewives" and Shane Warnes memoirs :D

Seems there is a way for you to see UK catchup TV, may take some dogged persistence though, have a look here..

http://www.ukproxyserver.co.uk/info/uk-tv-streaming/

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=52767

I saw this show a while back, when it 1st came out...... I think I'm right in saying, it was SO moving, there was not a dry in the theatre at the end...... simply stunning performance by all the actors,....I'm not normally a theatre-show type, and I was blown away by it.:D