Low lifes back at work !

private mw

I am not impressed with these ........+ (insert your insults of choice)

I am more informed about the depredations in the railway preservation movement, not only non-ferrous but also cast iron items are targets.

If the bent scrappies lost their waste handling licences for dealing with "hot" stuff, and be unable to get another......ever!

Then perhaps the lack of a ready market would greatly reduce the problem.

The current judicial system is a joke - no deterrent at all. Even when the bill get the lowlife and they are convicted, the actual punishment is no real help to the affected organisation / individual.....

*gets off soap box*

i couldn't agree more, the scrapyards know who's legit and who isn't and when it comes to non ferrous metals each piece is checked over so there's no excuse for dodgy stuff, it just comes down to morals and at £4000/ton for copper some people just leave their morals behind them

eddy

StoneRoad

If the bent scrappies lost their waste handling licences for dealing with "hot" stuff, and be unable to get another......ever!

Then perhaps the lack of a ready market would greatly reduce the problem.

If only it was that simple- in my locality as part of a local police-L/A -public partnership we have attempted to get waste transfer permits pulled from these miscreants with no effect -evidently the authorities (environment agency) are willing not to issue a licence to an iffy person -but are reluctant to withdraw it from a person convicted of handling stolen property -for fear of an appeal for loss of the right to persue an income:(.

I have even provided photos of scrap thieves standing on the roofs of moving vehicles to see into properties (-an offence under road traffic act:nut:) -I've even managed to photograph one climbing into property- (burgulary:shocked:) and cutting down abandoned fridges -releasing toxic materials (enviroment act). I've even suggested we inform welfare to see if these people are working whilst claiming - on that one I was warned that should I inform anyone outside the partnership of the names of "persons of interest" I would be in breach of my oath:(- so really it comes down to the honest majority, will always be victim of the criminal minority.

Steve

A few years ago I was in court when a pice of human waste was sentenced for mugging an old lady of about £7. He got very idingnant yelling 'Well I gota eat ain't I?'. Another pair on motorbikes decide to have some fun with an old guy walking his dog. Unfortunatley they picked on a guy who had been a farrier, and had a long stout walking stick. :cool2: One had a brocken jaw the other very nasty abrasions, after the stick went through the front wheel of the bike. The scum then complained to the Police who went out to prosecute the old guy. Now over the years he had always looked after the local travellers ponies. On the day of the trial the witneses failed to turn up. Not all traveller's are bad.

Has happened in Jersey as well. Good thing is 9x5 miles with disruptuion of ferry and airport due to weather . You can run you ****** but there's no where to hide!

Edited by Tony B

we all know it happens and we see it and yet the police get more and more indignant about being good at their jobs....for fear of saying something that gets the post shut down again, the police have a tough job, but they seem unable to manage that job...

On the radio news this afternoon - a drug adict has been sentenced to 5 months for stealing several poppy collection tins (down south west I believe).

Yes, he will probably be sent on a nice Holiday abroad because he had his Sweeties taken off him when he was young. And the whole 'sordid mess' played havoc with his life. Poor Geezer was traumatized by former life expiriences Etc Etc. Justice, Whats that!

But then "well done that man" for whoever recognised the villan from the CCTV amd bought him to book -at least some-one is doing their job and although I am an un-reconstructed hang 'em and flog 'em supporter -what can society do to resolve this problem of low level drug crime? Some alot higher up the food chain (including the British Govt. supported head of certain countries) are doing very well out all the missery it causes.