New guy from Corby Nothants

jas666x

Hello all

My name is James stewart, I am a volunteer over at Bruntingthorp Cold War Jet museum where we have an ever growing collection of all things wonderful in military vehicles and is a fantastic Big Boys Playground. I’m in charge of keeping all canopy’s and any other Perspex free from scratches and removing the cloudiness damage. and keeping the collection maintained.

I have now perfected the removal of UV Damage to perspex, The industry are saying "Thats impossible" :D

Edited by jas666x
Post merged

Hello all

My name is James stewart, I am a volunteer over at Bruntingthorp Cold War Jet museum where we have an ever growing collection of all things wonderful in military vehicles and is a fantastic Big Boys Playground. I’m in charge of keeping all canopy’s and any other Perspex free from scratches and removing the cloudiness damage. and keeping the collection maintained.

Have you booked a "Flight" in the Victor!!!!!

Hello all

Hi James,

Welcome from a relatively new member who also lives in Northamptonshire.

I'll have to get around to a visit to the museum one of these days, but the web site that I've seen for the museum doesn't really give that much info; am I looking in the wrong place?

Do they let you in for free if you turn up in a cold war military vehicle?

Regards

Adrian aka HubbyHumber

• 1 month later...
Hi James,

Welcome from a relatively new member who also lives in Northamptonshire.

I'll have to get around to a visit to the museum one of these days, but the web site that I've seen for the museum doesn't really give that much info; am I looking in the wrong place?

Do they let you in for free if you turn up in a cold war military vehicle?

Regards

Adrian aka HubbyHumber

Adrian.

Sorry for the delay in replying been busy.

Yes the web site is crap and there is no admission charge unless its a run up day when we fast taxi the running jets up the runway

Regards

Jim

Hello all

I have now perfected the removal of UV Damage to perspex, The industry are saying "Thats impossible" :D

Hello James !

do you do master classes in your perspex wizardry ? can I book in now ??:cool2: or if you want to we have a Lightning, Sea Prince , Hunter, JP, Sea King all need tlc the list goes on.... Oh and Welcome Mate:-D

Hi James,

and welcome to the forum, from a fellow Northants resident. As to Bruntingthorpe again like others have stated its on the list of things to do, I did used to know some over there years ago, but I can't for the life of me think of the guys surname, but its Dave ?. However I am very lucky in that I get to see the Vulcan every now and again, especially if its on a trip over towards Sywell aerodrome.

Here's a picture taken from my back garden :-D

Nige H.

CNV00003.jpg