Boiling Vessel FV706656

ChasSomT.

Has anyone got a drawing of the current BV (Cooking Vessel (Electric) No1. Mk2. FV706656) please? I dismantled ours, to see why it won't work, and found it had no element!

Has anyone successfully obtained spares for these? If so, does the element come with any mounts, as all ours has left is one broken one.

Is it easier, and more 'cost effective' to source another, complete, working example?

Any thoughts on this, please people?

Chas.

I dont have a drawing for it.

Think I saw an element on fleabay but I knew what it was but the seller didnt, I think it was either Canmec or green machine surplus had them.

Absolutely bullet proof units when used properly.

They are quite expensive to buy and then find a cord that works for it.

On our Bv 206 when used you can hear the engine rpm drop noticeably when you switch it on.

Would not be without one.

R

Thanks Chaps. I expect the price for the one on E-Bay will rocket towards the end, 'snipers' you know!

Robin, the only experience I have had is on CVR(W), you can tell by the 'whine' in the earpieces if the driver was on top of his game and was going to have a brew ready when we stopped.

Chas.

For pitys sake snap his hand off at that price, we paid a shed load more a while back when they were not around.

I paid £50 at W&P for the more modern version, the RAK15 which has two heat settings and even a switch!

Andy

• 10 years later...

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of one please? I am making a bracket for the rear door of my Spartan, my parts book does not have a boiling vessel mounted on the rear door at all. I wanted to start fabrication while I am sorting out the electrics before I actually buy one. Also I know I am pushing this, but if anyone knows how thick the metal the bracket is made of :)

Cheers

Edited by SirLanceUK
want to ask a follow up question

7 hours ago, SirLanceUK said:

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of one please? I am making a bracket for the rear door of my Spartan, my parts book does not have a boiling vessel mounted on the rear door at all. I wanted to start fabrication while I am sorting out the electrics before I actually buy one. Also I know I am pushing this, but if anyone knows how thick the metal the bracket is made of :)

Cheers

https://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=19193&t=Box_Accessories_Storage_FV755343

There should be a line on the inside of the boiling vessel, fill with water up to this mark then put in the inner pot and fill that with water and ration pack meal pouches.

The idea is that the boiled water in the main boiling vessel can be drawn off using the tap to make tea, while the water in the inner pot heats up the meals.

2 hours ago, johnwardle said:

There should be a line on the inside of the boiling vessel, fill with water up to this mark then put in the inner pot and fill that with water and ration pack meal pouches.

The idea is that the boiled water in the main boiling vessel can be drawn off using the tap to make tea, while the water in the inner pot heats up the meals.

Thank you, yes I found the mark and yes it makes total sense... now I have the cable I just have to go and try it

Cheers Lance