Pics from Pakistani army museum junkyard

Very nice and quite some rare stuff -M19s and Sexton M7 M32 in particular the LTV is a LVT3 bushmaster agaian quite rare and in great condition -however whether any of this could be acquired even with the almost mandatory bribes as most was supplied under MAPD and requires end user destruction.

Steve

i agree with scrapping them, having said that once something is classed as scrap there's no import duty to pay,:cool2: what they'd have to do to them to say they've been scrapped i don't know but even if they cut them in half you could weld them back together again. dave arnold might do it for you if you ask him nicely:D

eddy

eddy8men

what they'd have to do to them to say they've been scrapped i don't know but even if they cut them in half you could weld them back together again

The Portugese Grizzlies which were MAPD but from Canada (probably funded with US money) were de-milled by only having the barrel chopped off and chucked into the turret. At about the same time Greek stuff was de milled by having all the armour cut from the hull at the buyers expense. Later (1990s) Danish stuff for example M41 and Cents were completely destroyed to the point where it could have been fed through a largish hole -about 1metre square. I would hope that if any of this stuff could be rescued the minimal action would be required as long as it was taken out of the country to Europe as the fear is it might be used in the tribal areas or even Kashmir or Afghanistan - remember Pakistan is almost a war zone - everyone out there is worried by arms deals

Steve

Edited by steveo578
spelling

Just in case they are missed there are 4 other interesting links on this site

http://www.pakdef.info/museums/armymuseumgallery.html

This link covers the Army Museum in Rhalpindi and includes many shots by the author of the "scrapyard site" For anyone who gets out to Pakistan there is also a museum at the PAC depot at Lahore -but be careful the guards can get very upset if you start clicking away with a camera like an madman.

For those interesting in aircraft these are good esp. the massor wreck site

http://www.pakdef.info/museums/pafmuseumgallery.html

http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/warbirds/index.html

http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/warbirds/wrecks_masroor.html

Steve

Eddy8men

but even if they cut them in half you could weld them back together again. dave arnold might do it for you if you ask him nicely:-D

Just to give credit where it is due the ingenious hull manipulator used at the I of W for the Grizzly Sherman welding was actually kit fashioned by Adrian Barrell.

Steve

• 2 months later...
fesm_ndt

I just found out a mate of mine is staying in Pakistan

Will see if I can coerce him into getting there as he's pliable

Great care should be taken when using cameras in Pakistan especially at the moment- one of my mates was taken to the guard house at PAC Lahore for attempting to photograph the exhibits (Churchill and Shermans), fortunately he was born there and had a relative who was an officer of rank -Major or Lt Col. so no harm done -no photos though:-(

Adrian Barrell

That is clearly a Mk 1 and quite a rarity.

Certainly is although I know Eygpt has one on display and Jordan may still have one. The odd thing is Pakistan never had Cents. and India from whom a number of PAC exhibits were captured used Mk7 or 8s, so possibly either an Indian driver training vehicle that was caught up (unlikely) or Pakistan received a sample shortly after independence for trials.

Steve

Great care should be taken when using cameras in Pakistan especially at the moment- one of my mates was taken to the guard house at PAC Lahore for attempting to photograph the exhibits (Churchill and Shermans), fortunately he was born there and had a relative who was an officer of rank -Major or Lt Col. so no harm done -no photos though:-(

my guy was born and lives there and I already said if asked Steveo wanted the pictures :D (I have other treats for you hopefully before Christmas)

but I will warn him as had too many beers with him and I think it's his shout next time. Also Pinz there in Scrap yards :cool2: