Ferret - Differential/Transfer box

I would say in picture 2, you can see the hook holding the band is standing way off, so its that gear...maybe 1st? I have a feeling it cannot be top gear as all bands are engaged in that gear?

I may be totally wrong on both counts, and be banned from the forum for talking rubbish....goodnight!! :)

I have to admit, I always toggled the gears in mine, and made sure it was in neutral before starting...surely you would have smelt something (not you...whoever left it running)!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84593[/ATTACH]

Drums gearbox all cleaned and reassembled, gasket surface cleaned no gasket required you just use blue holymar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84594[/ATTACH]

Bands and carrier cleaned

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84595[/ATTACH]

Don't loose these two per band

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84596[/ATTACH]

where the springs fit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84597[/ATTACH]

There is a right and wrong way to fit the springs one way you struggle and curse the other you look at the bottom of the bands and you realise that the spring pushes against the longer side of the web / casting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84598[/ATTACH]

Fit the bands in order and move the band around to push the spring into place and do the same for the other side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84599[/ATTACH]

All together the fun comes tomorrow when I assemble it all

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84600[/ATTACH]

The bearing is missing from the gearbox that I am using but its in the other one. Slide hammer time

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84601[/ATTACH]