Plains tour.

Left work at 2.30am friday morning and headed of to meet my dad at fleet services. Met up with dad and made our way to the new venue, it was chucking it down with rain until about 10 miles from venue.

When we arrived, chef ives was there already and was all set up, so we were met with a very welcome brew.

Tent all set up;

SNV30234.jpg

I then decide to have a little sleep, and when I woke up chef ives, under much duress was thrown out of his kitchen and told to take it easy, much to my amazement, my dad and pete were doing the cooking! It's the 1st time ive ever seen my dad do any cooking!

SNV30229.jpg

SNV30228.jpg

This was tier efforts for fridays dinner, and very nice it was to.

SNV30232.jpg

A few from the flying museum we visited on saturday;

SNV30235.jpg

SNV30235.jpg

SNV30237.jpg

The heuy below was captured during the falklands conflict and used as a medical helicoper;

SNV30238.jpg

SNV30239.jpg

We then had a drive around the plains then headed to the ranges for tea and lunch, when we got there the army had dragged a few of the wrecks off the ranges and put then in the car park, as you can imagine, we were all over them! I found this is 1 of them, the date on it is 1977;

SNV30252.jpg

SNV30253.jpg

SNV30254.jpg

SNV30255.jpg

As we headed off the plains we stopped for a pee pee break, so I parked my landy up in the woods for a picture;

SNV30256.jpg

SNV30257.jpg

As I headed into the woods for a pee I founds these!, they were left well alone!

SNV30258.jpg

Below is some random bloke who lives near by and forages of the land, called yogi I was told, he can be seen looking up at the stars looking for aliens!:-D

SNV30233.jpg

All in all, a fantastic weekend with no rain and glorious sunshine.

The 1 thing that was present all weekend was laughter!, we all had a great time.

A big thank you to pete, tony and phil for organising such a brilliant weekend.

A big thank you to chef ives for the food as well, sooo nice waking up to a cooked breakfast!, he even made me a big bowl of custard at 11pm!

The farmer who let us use his land was brilliant, a big thank you mr farmer.

Sadly pete was taken to hospital over the weekend for an operation, hope your bum gets better pete, and don't worry, whats happens on tour, stays on tour!!:nut::-D

Roll on next year.

All in all, a fantastic weekend with no rain and glorious sunshine.

The 1 thing that was present all weekend was laughter!, we all had a great time.

A big thank you to pete, tony and phil for organising such a brilliant weekend.

A big thank you to chef ives for the food as well, sooo nice waking up to a cooked breakfast!, he even made me a big bowl of custard at 11pm!

The farmer who let us use his land was brilliant, a big thank you mr farmer.

Sadly pete was taken to hospital over the weekend for an operation, hope your bum gets better pete, and don't worry, whats happens on tour, stays on tour!!:nut::-D

Roll on next year.

I can only echo what rambo has posted many thanks everyone :clap::clap::clap:

Another year, another Plains weekend.

I speak for all the organisers of the plains team when I say thank you.

Thank you to you all that took the time out to come down to our little weekend and support us. May I also echo Rambo's words when he say's a weekend of laughter, Rich, Dan and Fred, you guys need to write a book.

My highlights from the weekend. Meeting up with old friends from past Plains weekends, Dave and those breakfasts, dinners and teas, top dog dude. Latenight chats around what should have been a BBQ, but ended up as the camp fire and a source of much needed warmth. Fred winding Yogi up about aliens and being beamed up by spaceships. Rich and his Wolves, Fred and the man in the sports bag, Dan and that dog, Oye and ChrisG nodding off in the standing position.

The visit to Wallop was great and Rich, don't forget to reserch that grave mate.....

The convoy was for me one of the best and Steve has got some of the best pictures I have ever seen from any of the weekends.....

Seeing the smiles on the faces of all the kids that got to ride in some of the vehicles was truly amazing, seeing the smiles on Yogi, mark and Grahams faces when they got the chance to drive the matador and Champ. I think I will be hearing about this for months to come.....

One of the biggest surprizes for me was a visit from the ex Major of the Gurka Regiment and his kind offer of help and support in future Plains weekends.....

It was just a shame you all had to go home....

Lastly, may I just take a moment to thank the following for all there help in making this weekend what it was.

Graham, Mark and Yogi, without you guys and your kind offer and hard work, made this weekend. It's been a long road guys but we got there. Phil Plumb, Dave Ives, Criss Whiles and Steve P, many many thanks for everything. I will always be in the debt. Finally a big thank you to Dapper, Pete, Russ and Bonk, Many many thanks for the help over the weekend.

Talk has already started for next years weekend, I was asked over the weekend if we could have a website for this event, the answer to this is yes. I will start work on it very soon. The picture will start being post very soon.

All the best guys and see you all soon.

Tony......

.....nice to see you had such good weather!.....it'd be really nice to know when you're planning your next one, -it'd be great to join in the fun!, maybe my saracen will be fixed in time!:cool2:

Thanks again for tp the organisers it was a great weekend and Im really looking forwad to the next one.

A few pictures I took can be seen on my blog:

http://118thsignalsregiment.blog.co.uk/

Thanks Steve

118th

Please Support:

Bournemouth Aviation Museum Military Vehicle and Cockpit day

Sunday26th September 2010

www.aviation-museum.co.uk

Hi all,

looks as if you all had a great weekend, sorry i had to miss it some nice pictures all going well i shall make it next year.

Well done all as i was indesposed i sent some Dorset cannon fodder for you to initiate sound as if they had fun

Ashley

P.S. did the skittles take place ??? and what was the result.