Hi Guys, Hewbie from Oxford needs help to restore 1944 GPW & Trailer

Ian L

Hi Guys just had a 'PM' from the 'boss' asking me to introduce myself so here goes !!!! The name's Ian (litchy to friends) and I reside in Abingdon Oxfordshire.

Main hobby is flying light aircraft for which I've used a 44 GPW as a everyday hack to get me to the local airfield (Enstone Oxfordshire)

I have decided to refurb the old girl (Millie) and take away her dull olive drab paint scheme for a new bright RAF paint job.

Shes going to have a ground up rebuild over the winter months so picked up some Blue/Grey paint from Warpaint at the W&P show last weekend (2nd show I've ever attended)

HELP !!!! HELP !!!! HELP !!!!! I need butler side lights marked WD and the correct Headlamps with deflectors (I have no idea what they look like but have been told I need them to turn it into a British Jeep ? plus photos of war time RAF Jeep please

Edited by Ian L

Hello mate, I'm just down the road from you. Welcome to the forum!

John Marchants is a nice weekend with no public and the chance to play in one of his fields. No public at this event, just MV owners. I too need the details of this years event!

Happy restoration!

Hi Ian, welcome to the hangar!

I don't think RAF jeeps were blue in wartime but Ted will no doubt be along to confirm. Butler side and headlights turn up fairly regularly, though the blackout masks are harder to find but if you want to use the jeep and MOT it, you're probably better off without them.

What do you fly? I last flew into Enstone about four years ago, must go back again!

The lights do turn up at Beaulieu Autojumble in September, which is where I found the side lights for my vehicle. If you go there, be prepared for LOTS of walking and searching, as there are up to 2000 stalls.