Bedford MK Air cleaner help pleeeease

RecyMech

Evening all, I'm on scrounge for info, hope some can assist.:cool2:

Would any kind soul MK owner out there be able to supply me with some info regarding the mounting position of the Bedford MK air cleaner please. Needs to be a normally aspirated MK as opposed to MJ though please. A photograph of its general position would be superb & would answer a thousand questions.

I have a piccy of it stripped down for servicing from the User Handbook, so I know what it looks like, but I'm struggling to remember (it's been 35 years) where it was mounted.:cry:

Data is for use on our 1/24th scale MK kit which is coming up soon.

Many many thanks in advance to anyone who can throw some light on it.

Howard @ KFS

but I'm struggling to remember (it's been 35 years) where it was mounted.:cry:

Many many thanks in advance to anyone who can throw some light on it.

Hi Howard,

It would be a good few years since I worked on the MK, but memory tells me it was mounted behind the RH engine flap (ie drivers side on a RHD model). Think it was mounted on the top of a vertical post which was bolted to the chassis. Sorry no photos.

Alan....Ah, now we talking....that picture alone is worth gold, gives me a really good idea of the size of the filter & the final location. :cool2:

Details of the filter shape I already have.

This plus the brief description in the User Handbook (like, about six words !) gives me a damn good feel already for the bracket design & trunking route.

Obviously any further detail anyone can throw in is very very welcome though.

Many many thanks Alan.:tup::

Howard

Even that one is gold though, position of the filter to manifold trunking is clearly visible.

Have a mate of mine going to Beltring at the w/e he's going to see if there are any MKs about that he can left the lid on.

Press on..........thanks again Alan.

Howard

Howard, that rather confirms my memory of things. If I remember right the air cleaner is held by two clamp bands which are fixed to the support Richard's talking about. From memory the support bracket is bolted to the face of the chassis rail and is T shaped or L shaped in cross section and tapers towards the top.

Someone will of course post a photo that shows my memory's completely wrong!

Sean,

Yep, your description there is exactly as I was imagining it to be. Even if my oppo can't come up with a piccy from Beltring, I think I can make a 'convincing' fist of it.

If he does though I'll paste one up to put the record straight.:thumbsup:

Howard.

David,

I take back everything I ever said about the RMPs:-D They are nice blokes really:cool2:

(Except for the one who jailed me for breaking down in a no parking zone & would`nt accept that I was broken down & not parked. Cost me 100DM too.)

But you the man !. Many many thanks for those, I can now complete the job with some degree of accuracy.

Thanks to everyone for their input too, cracked it now :thanx:

Howard.