Need info about UN sticker rules and regs on a 25 year old white landrover.

Hi, i have a white landy which i intend to put UN stickers onto it. However, ive heard abit about something saying that i can drive in on the roads with the stickers on/displayed because of rules/regs saying that they are still used to this day???? Please help. :D

Cheers!

I would contact the public relations at the UN in the US and UK.

tell them you are restoring a vintage vehicle with UN livery.

see what response you get as in some ways you are doing a good deed for them, preserving their history.

if they be prats about the whole thing maybe restoring it to Sudan militia standards (which are opposite UN)

Stop pushing Mike!! there is already enough hassle taking a Military vehicle through France! They only need an excuse to start picking on British registered Toyota pick ups! :-D Should be more buissnes for Belgium ports though.

I would contact the public relations at the UN in the US and UK.

tell them you are restoring a vintage vehicle with UN livery.

see what response you get as in some ways you are doing a good deed for them, preserving their history.

if they be prats about the whole thing maybe restoring it to Sudan militia standards (which are opposite UN)

I knew a chap that I was instrumental in getting a Ferret for a few years back.

He wanted one that was different & chose to have it don in the UN white livery.

He did contact the UN & enquire about using the UN Logo. There was no problem with that with the proviso that it was NOT being used to Imitate an official UN vehicle in Service. And that the vehicle when logo'ed up, was not portraying the UN in a Negative light!