Scrap

antarmike

£200 a ton heavy vehicles complete non decontaminated eg tyres fluids still on

Looking at a contingency plan, I believe the Antar has sold, and owner does not want trailer.

I have Dyson for sale at £5,000, but by my calculations I should get £4,500 if I weight it in.

I don't want to do this, so I hope I get a buyer, but it is just nice to know that Scrap is back up again and I could go down that route if I was forced into it......

Looking at a contingency plan, I believe the Antar has sold, and owner does not want trailer.

I have Dyson for sale at £5,000, but by my calculations I should get £4,500 if I weight it in.

I don't want to do this, so I hope I get a buyer, but it is just nice to know that Scrap is back up again and I could go down that route if I was forced into it......

A lot of vehicles are worth more over the bridge at the moment, take an AEC Militant recovery £5,500 across the bridge, you wouldnt get that for a rough one at the moment.

Lest with the scrap price high it gives you a bargaining point when people try to negotiate the price down

If you do scrap it, it does make the ones that are left worth more, just like the universal carriers, lots of those were scrapped because they were worth more over the bridge.

Don’t scrap it though it would be a shame, easy to say when you want the money. PX it in for a Diamond T

• 2 years later...

My dad and uncle has owned a scrap export yard for more than 50 years, and the most I have even seen light iron at is 175 a ton and heavy iron 240 a Aec militant and other big lumps get bought a lot of the time as oversized scrap which means less money because they have to cut it up there self.

My dad and uncle has owned a scrap export yard for more than 50 years, and the most I have even seen light iron at is 175 a ton and heavy iron 240 a Aec militant and other big lumps get bought a lot of the time as oversized scrap which means less money because they have to cut it up there self.

Remember them prices quoted were from 2 years ago believe a**e fallen out of market at the moment

Also no cash anymore all been stopped Cheque only and they want invoice least thats how it is around our parts.

Our local scrap yard has started selling logs now to try and make a living.

Edited by cosrec

got offered a scrap vehicle price of 30 pounds per 101fc.

told them no.

lead, copper etc went to holland in bags where space was available, as i got a better price.

after a while i gave them a few wheels with rubber still on them they are yet to collect.

my heap of 9mm , .38 special casings are gone too. kept the .38 S+W ones as they get rare in new reload able brass.

i never scrapped anything that could be used, exept the casings as there was a lot of it, i could not make any one happy with it.

• 3 years later...
There is an exemption to that. They can still pay out cash to those with no fixed address........

Andy

Is that true? ....if so , what the heck was the point in bringing in the law to stop paying cash then ? ...the ones with 'no fixed abode' are usually the ones doing all the stealing and the very same ones that the new 'no cash' system was supposed to deter .........

baffled ... :(