Tracked Vehicle wanted for Hire North Wales 16th June

PDonovan

Can anyone help ?

I have a client who wants to hire a Tracked, Armoured vehicle (and Driver) for a couple of hours (11.00hrs ish) on the 16th June.

vehicle to be driven along a short forest road to deliver my clients to a "Outward Bound" style corporate team building event.

They will pay whatever costs are required - transport etc.

Originally they were going to pay to transport my CVRT Striker from the Midlands to Wales.... BUT I now cannot do it for them. There must be someone more local to Betws-y-Coed who can do it - hopefully.

Call me (07879 811130) or email for further info.

Thanks Chaps

Paul

Can anyone help ?

I have a client who wants to hire a Tracked, Armoured vehicle (and Driver) for a couple of hours (11.00hrs ish) on the 16th June.

vehicle to be driven along a short forest road to deliver my clients to a "Outward Bound" style corporate team building event.

They will pay whatever costs are required - transport etc.

Originally they were going to pay to transport my CVRT Striker from the Midlands to Wales.... BUT I now cannot do it for them. There must be someone more local to Betws-y-Coed who can do it - hopefully.

Call me (07879 811130) or email for further info.

Thanks Chaps

Paul

Paul I would give it a go but surely the transport cost will put them well off?

Paul

Dont mean to be a soggy squib. But if its for company employees insurance may be an issue.

I have done this for business and commercial cover was required! Its ok to take "a group of freinds" on a jolly but all it needs is someone to bump their head and it all goes sour.

Just a freindly "heads up", i`m not the H&S police.

Edited by Mk3iain

That's easy..... they just become your friends, just give them a safety brief, beforehand, rules to obey etc, and then get them to sign a simple disclaimer.... and you are all sorted.:D

Aaaaaah the disclaimer !

I am currently using one of the Countries finest to find me the right insurance to take hire and reward in my 432..according to him a disclaimer is as much use as bog paper if they take you to court.

But then again...If the vehicle is free to use, they will need to hire a driver wont they ?

Swings and roundabouts and law

Paul

From the depths of a semester's-worth of corporate law I once attended I seem to remember that you're not allowed to disclaim death or personal injury due to your own negligence etc - it's one of the major provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 ( more info here.

I told my local go-karting place off for this but they still wouldn't let me in unless I signed their unenforceable slip of paper :D

Stone

yes you cannot claim relief from your responsibilities, but it has to be proven you were negligent...the disclaimer allows you to negate any claims where the injured party has not followed the rules set and in place for their own safety.