Rushden Cavalcade

Went down to Rushden today for the first ever time. There was plenty on offer including a sizable number of military vehicles. Plenty of other things on offer as well and the ground wasn't too wet which I thought it may well have been after the rain overnight.

Nice to meet both Andy F and Nick (younggun) at a show that I will look to attend in the future. Below are just a few of my pictures from the show, starting off with some of the bigger stuff.

040..jpg

103..jpg

020..jpg

041..jpg

100..jpg

016..jpg

015..jpg

125..jpg

021..jpg

037..jpg

107..jpg

019..jpg

042..jpg

047..jpg

027..jpg

013..jpg

I'm sure you'll enjoy it mate ,plenty to see ! Just wrap up warm ! I may just be getting old but today the wind was bl--dy chilly !:shake::shake::shake:

I went to the Land Rover do at Gaydon, it was just as bad there. Outside temp on car maxed out at 8.5 degrees, ignores wind chill.

Mike

Very nice pictures mate.

I especially like the RB44 and the Explorer with what looks like a trailer with a box body fitted to make a living van.

I was at Abingdon Airshow and I can tell you it was absolutely terrible weather. It poured down until about 13.00, was freezing cold and a lot of people didn't bother to turn up. Lots of public though.

Very nice pictures mate.

I especially like the RB44 and the Explorer with what looks like a trailer with a box body fitted to make a living van.

I was at Abingdon Airshow and I can tell you it was absolutely terrible weather. It poured down until about 13.00, was freezing cold and a lot of people didn't bother to turn up. Lots of public though.

Thats our Younggun's lovely Explorer mate ! I can vouch for the trailers tea making facilities ! Top man Nick ! :D

Thats our Younggun's lovely Explorer mate ! I can vouch for the trailers tea making facilities ! Top man Nick ! :D

What trailer is he using for that box body, it looks a direct fit? I take it it's one of the Ptarmigan "short" box bodies?

Cheers

is that a bedford with the millitant 1 cab or a matador?

We spoke to the guy that owned this last year at Stoke Goldington and if I remember correctly he said it was a Matador chassis, Militant cab and a Bedford body.

Have just got back from Route to Victory so haven't been able to upload anymore photo's today. Here are a few more, this time some of the smaller stuff that were on show on Sunday.

102..jpg

112..jpg

088..jpg

012..jpg

028..jpg

085..jpg

033..jpg

087..jpg

113..jpg

123..jpg

124..jpg

035..jpg

106..jpg

084..jpg

024..jpg

no worries andy was nice of u to pay a visit thanks for the lending of the tools aswell

What trailer is he using for that box body, it looks a direct fit? I take it it's one of the Ptarmigan "short" box bodies?

Cheers

loggy driver u are correct its a small radio body mounted on a rubery owen 2 ton trailer it wobbels around a lil bit but i am not going fast so its fine . i just made some brackets that fit inside the ege of the box to hold it down i think i went a little over the top using inch plate but its not goin to fall off , off to stoke goldington next week :)

022..jpg

Edited by younggun

Went down to Rushden today for the first ever time. There was plenty on offer including a sizable number of military vehicles. Plenty of other things on offer as well and the ground wasn't too wet which I thought it may well have been after the rain overnight.

Nice to meet both Andy F and Nick (younggun) at a show that I will look to attend in the future. Below are just a few of my pictures from the show, starting off with some of the bigger stuff.

The Scammell Pioneer belongs to me the Thorneycroft big ben is my nephews and the AEC militant mk3 belongs to my brother ,the GMC with workshop body belongs to a friend it refused to play on monday afternoon so was taken home on suspended tow behind the pioneer :D the traffic build up behind on the way home was amazing !:D:D

The Scammell Pioneer belongs to me the Thorneycroft big ben is my nephews and the AEC militant mk3 belongs to my brother ,the GMC with workshop body belongs to a friend it refused to play on monday afternoon so was taken home on suspended tow behind the pioneer :D the traffic build up behind on the way home was amazing !:D:D

Where was the Thornycroft Big Ben used np? as it had Redland Aggregates on the side was it a recovery vehicle for them?

Nice looking Pioneer BTW :D

I'm sure I saw the Thornycroft fresh (tired) out of Redland service in Crouch's yard a while back.

On it's tax disc holder it did have David Crouch's name and logo so I persume it spent some time in their hands.

Where was the Thornycroft Big Ben used np? as it had Redland Aggregates on the side was it a recovery vehicle for them?

Nice looking Pioneer BTW :D

The thornycroft came from dave crouch it was used by redland aggregates at brampton nr huntingdon it was a lw vass convertion to a recovery vehicle it is owned by my nephew who is a recy mech in the R.E.M.E so he gets payed to operate fodens and man wreckers :D:Dand then drives his thornycroft at weekends !!:nut: He is currently in the process of restoring it .