Norwegian army modernisation, selling off ww2 equipment.

martylee

I guess that headline made you have a look here! Sorry no vehicles!

And it's also true. Last week I went to the depot where the army gets rid of their unwanted commodity. There I like many times before found "first field dressing" dated from march 1944 to february 1945, London, Arthur Berton.

I also found shell dressing bags dated 1944-45. And the price is almost free!

It's not something you really need, but still a intresting find that many years later.

Marty

I guess that headline made you have a look here! Sorry no vehicles!

And it's also true. Last week I went to the depot where the army gets rid of their unwanted commodity. There I like many times before found "first field dressing" dated from march 1944 to february 1945, London, Arthur Berton.

I also found shell dressing bags dated 1944-45. And the price is almost free!

It's not something you really need, but still a intresting find that many years later.

Marty

Any WW2 US helmets? :D

Bloody hell! they al make a fair price over here. when I working for MOD in the late ninties, the medical centre called me up. they had been doing a thourough clean out and had some stuff for me. 400 WW2 shell dressings! What sort of price would a set of WW2 webbing be to buy and post?

Bloody hell! they al make a fair price over here. when I working for MOD in the late ninties, the medical centre called me up. they had been doing a thourough clean out and had some stuff for me. 400 WW2 shell dressings! What sort of price would a set of WW2 webbing be to buy and post?

I've bought a few sets og US stamped webbing there. I haven't seen them lately though.

What's too bad about the bags is that have had a red cross, but due to regulations they have to be painted over. I think they were about 2 euroes.

I think I'm going back there on wedensday. I'll see if I pick up a few more of these.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

I made another visit at the Hovemoen today. The first I found was air drop containers, unfortunately not ww2, but modern type.

But what I did find was the earlier mentioned shell dressing bags with the original red cross. Dated 1943

IMG_8130.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

I also picked up a few more field dressings.

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8132.jpg

I guess these will be the last ww2 items sold from the army.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Marty,

I guess the Gaz 67B came to Norway from Korea in the early 1950's?

The North Koreans / Chinese used quite a few Gaz 67B from Russian surplus stocks. Several Gaz 67B wound up in the United States. I've seen two myself during my travels in the States.

Which auction will it appear in? Perhaps you can post a link to the auction?

Kind regards

Goran N

Sverige

Weird! I thought I answered this last night!??? The dinner was great! Vodka marinated Entrecote with potatoes and ruccula salad and there was some wine, but not that much. And the alcohol from the vodka dissapeares during cooking... Well, anyway here we go again.

They say this GAZ appeared in the early/middle 2000s. Might have come with norwegian forces serving somewhere else. These were in plenty in the middle east.

The auction and complete list: http://www.auksjon.no/ForsvaretAuksjonsListe.aspx

Marty

lot number 520 if it helps.

Ashley

Hiya Marty,

I guess the Gaz 67B came to Norway from Korea in the early 1950's?

The North Koreans / Chinese used quite a few Gaz 67B from Russian surplus stocks. Several Gaz 67B wound up in the United States. I've seen two myself during my travels in the States.

Which auction will it appear in? Perhaps you can post a link to the auction?

Kind regards

Goran N

Sverige