Yorkshire Military Vehicle Trust Crank Up 2010

Here's a few photos from todays Yorkshire MVT Crank Up at York Castle. I had a 178 mile round trip, but we had around 20 vehicles on the road run into the city centre, and about 50 parked up for the day. Nice to meet up with old friends again at the start of the season.

crankup1.jpg

crankup2.jpg

crankup3.jpg

crankup4.jpg

Very Nice , what was the temp that day , everyone seems to be bundled up ? . What is the vehicle parked between the white Land Rover and the light weight Land Rover... the one with the spare in the front ?

Edited by abn deuce

Very Nice , what was the temp that day , everyone seems to be bundled up ?

It was around 15 degrees C. It was hot with the sun out, but cooled off quickly when it went behind a cloud.

What is the vehicle parked between the white Land Rover and the light weight Land Rover... the one with the spare in the front ?

It's a Volvo L3304/PV Jeep 903.

It is also really odd in that it has an external steering column extending over the bonnet, down through a couple of gearboxes before finally reaching the steering bellcrank.

daves_volvo1.jpg

daves_volvo3.jpg

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

Thank YOU both for the information . It does look like a tough unit , I dont care for the spare being mounted there , it would seem that in a front end crash it would to take out the radiator all to quickly and or block the air flow but perhaps I m being overly critical .

• 2 weeks later...