handler 69's Fox CVR W

handler 69

I have just bought a Fox CVR W and was wondering if anyone had some in service pictures of them for display purposes. Also any comments would be appreciated as well.....like what they are like to drive, funny / spectacular stories. Yeah I know I don't want much LOL:writing:

Cheers

Troy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's plenty of in service photos & threads on the Fox on the forum, just use the search facilty... when serching for Fox, use FOX* (FOX* CVRW or CVR(W) )

Welcome to the forum, please take the time to post an intro on the Introduction board.

Cheers Lee

Edited by Marmite!!

Hi Troy,

Congratulations on buying a Fox. We also have a Fox too, which we fully restored a few years ago. The first thing I would do is take out some break down cover for it, especially if you plan on driving it any real distance. They can be a bit of a handful to look after and due to access are not that easy to fix on the side of the road.

I have been collecting the details of the surviving Foxes. Please let me have the military registration number of your vehicle. I will check and see if I have any photos of it. My Fox website (still not finished) is here: http://www.sirhc.co.uk/cvrw

Chris

Welcome to the CVR(W) section of the Forum clubhouse parking lot and or workshop corner.

I am knee deep in a Fox project / disaster full of Previous Owner Stupid Tricks (POSTS) amongst other things.

My definition of a Fox is a racehorse designed by a commitee that came out as a Camel. I feel justified in being able to say that as I have owned a Ferret, am currently looking after two of them, and about to receive my own two soon and look after a Fox as well.

Parts are interesting to source, working on them is a treat, hope you are less than 125lbs in weight and 5ft nothing in height.

As per others please tell us more about yours and post some pictures

R

G'day all

Iam called Troy Walker and I reside in Tasmania.......you know where you sent all the convicts...they evolved by the way and became politicians :wow:. You can have them back now if you like!

Yes I have just bought my Fox off Eddie Tozeland in Couldson Surrey, does anyone know it?

Iam looking forward to all of "Basil's" little foiables. I have the only one in the Country and most likely the last armed vehicle allowed into the country as well.

Purchasing a Saracen in August and a Centurion Mk 5/1 early next year.....you could say Iam a glutten for punishment :red: LOL...........and yes I do drive a Landover Mk 3 FFR

Cheers

Troy

Mate!!!!

What can you tell me about him :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:, Is Eddie an honest sort he sounds like he is, but what about the Fox ....... is it a good one!!!

PLEASE PLEASE REPLY

Troy

Eddie's a good guy, he's one of the Arena Crew at the W&P Show & our Bunker Bash Show, his Fox was there every year & I used to race about with him in the arena twice a day, he never mentioned any problems with it & always ran fine..

sorry about that but Iam dying :red: to hear about him! OHHHHHHH Iam SOOOOOO excited:wow::wow::wow::wow:!!

What does he sound like? Is he nice and clean inside?

We are putting a gas kit in his main banger!

Cheers

The EXCITED TASSIE

Eddie is a real gem of a guy! I know your beast, when she was at Coulsdon near Croydon.The yard has been sold for development and we are in the throws of moving to Finmere to an old railway goods yard site. Collection so far is three locos three carragies and a desperate shortage of track!

Edited by Tony B

Yeah it will be, but he will be the only one in the country and probaley the last AFV to be allowed into Australia.

"Basil" as my kids call him has 600 acres to play on and will be joined by a Saracen and a Mk 5 Centurion later on in the year...........Sigh would have liked a Saladin and a Chieftain too!!:cool2:

sorry about that but Iam dying :red: to hear about him! OHHHHHHH Iam SOOOOOO excited:wow::wow::wow::wow:!!

What does he sound like? Is he nice and clean inside?

We are putting a gas kit in his main banger!

Cheers

The EXCITED TASSIE

I take it we are talking abou the Fox & not Eddie:shocked:

When I last saw/heard it the Fox was running fine.... I was going to gas the Rarden up for Eddie this year then he decide to sell..

Here's my Rarden prototype (modified since) testing the pneumatic recoil I built... got the speed of the recoil up now...

Yeah it will be, but he will be the only one in the country and probaley the last AFV to be allowed into Australia.

"Basil" as my kids call him has 600 acres to play on and will be joined by a Saracen and a Mk 5 Centurion later on in the year...........Sigh would have liked a Saladin and a Chieftain too!!:cool2:

Just take it easy cross country, they like falling over:shocked:

Iam sure Eddie can run across my acreage LOL and yes we were talking about gassing up the RARDEN not Eddie :cheesy:

My property was logged in the 1940's and has alot of bush tracks, creeks etc, how does the Fox cope with mud?

Iam sure Eddie can run across my acreage LOL and yes we were talking about gassing up the RARDEN not Eddie :cheesy:

My property was logged in the 1940's and has alot of bush tracks, creeks etc, how does the Fox cope with mud?

Copes with mud well ... I had no problem driving through deep sticky mud in the arena at the W&P show the last couple of years...

Got quoted 500 pds for the gas for the RARDEN. Is it noisy going off? ( the 30mm NOT Eddie :cool2:)

You can adjust the gas/oxy mix to produce the bang you want, don't hear anything inside the Fox.. £500 is very cheap this side, not sure about on your side though...