Does anybody know a good sandblaster / shotblaster near Hereford?

Rover8FFR

I am looking for someone local to carry out some blasting works on my old series 2a FFR components.

Can anyone make any suggestions please. Hopefully a small diligent company or person who knows what they are doing!

Regards

Thanks Clive.

Some parts are quite small and may be fed to them peacemeal. Would they not be too commercially biaised / too large for a little old restorer / enthusiast in Hereford.

I guess a quick call would sort that out.

Regards :-\

I use a man in Reading by the name of 'Bob Cox'. His son now runs the business. They will spray the items in primer for you to save them going rusty.

Thank you very much, but that is a little far from Hereford. Did you think I said Hertfordshire??? :-D

Thank you very much, but that is a little far from Hereford. Did you think I said Hertfordshire??? :-D

Must admit 105 miles is a bit far and there must be someone closer, but Bob Cox is good and does sandblasting for Rex Ward. You could always drop stuff off on the way to Beltring.

Hi Wayne,

Theres a couple of people in Nth Hereford i know who would be right for what you want doing.

If there are small items I,ve got a blast cabinet which will take 'shoe box' size things.I,m about 10mls nth of hfd

I,ll dig out the tel nos and pass them on to you

DaveP

Hi Wayne,

Theres a couple of people in Nth Hereford i know who would be right for what you want doing.

If there are small items I,ve got a blast cabinet which will take 'shoe box' size things.I,m about 10mls nth of hfd

I,ll dig out the tel nos and pass them on to you

DaveP

That would be fantastic Dave and much appreciated. Someone mentioned a guy in or near Canon Pyon once to me but never tracked down who he was or where.

Wayne,try Keith Thomas at Upper Hill near to Leominster, 07973828929, he used to work out of the same quarry as me.

Also Tim Lane nr Lyonshall 01544340264 may get answerphone, I,ve used him in the past and he,s ok, a bit out in the sticks though

DaveP

Wayne,try Keith Thomas at Upper Hill near to Leominster, 07973828929, he used to work out of the same quarry as me.

Also Tim Lane nr Lyonshall 01544340264 may get answerphone, I,ve used him in the past and he,s ok, a bit out in the sticks though

DaveP

Cheers Dave. How do they work out costs for work. Is it based upon amount of grit used etc. Seems a daft question, but always good to have an idea! Can you suggest what you had done and cost? Send PM if private m8.

Cheers Dave. How do they work out costs for work. Is it based upon amount of grit used etc. Seems a daft question, but always good to have an idea! Can you suggest what you had done and cost? Send PM if private m8.

Just spoke to Keith and got the SP. What a nice bloke. I think he is the legendary man that I was told about near Canon Pyon, living just North of there.

I will be seeing him shortly and will advise of how I get on. He has suggested for straight forward cleaning who can do 2 axles in about an hour and that is £50.00. Basically he will do whatever he can in an hour and that's his rate.

Obviously aluminium or sensitive parts can take longer, but the £50.00 per hour applies to pretty much anything.

I might set him off with my split rim wheels, blasted and primed up! :laugh:

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.If you go to his place you,ll be impressed,lovely place!There is another chap at Canon Pyon area but I dont know him.Keith s a very fussy chap and I,m sure would do a good job, his truck used to be absolutely immaculate.Let me know how you get on

DaveP

• 2 months later...

Since I asked this question I came across a small forge/ fabricators near Bredon going cross country from Ledbury to Cheltenham.

His details are as follows;

Alan Marden

Bredon Forge

The Grainstore, Priors Court

Long Green

Forthampton

Glocestershire

GL19 4QL

01684 833333

E: bredonforge@btconnect.com

He has done some rims and the like for me and is a thoroughly nice chap. If anyone needs to see him or drop him a line just mention me and my old army land rover parts.