Temp. Land Rover project storage in Swindon/ Oxfordshire area wanted please!

Hi all,

Due to a change in circumstances I'm looking for temporary storage for a civvy Land Rover. The vehicle is currently at RAF Lyneham, so anywhere in that region would be ideal. It's currently at a rolling chassis stage, with most if not all the bodywork off, but it would be helpful if we could at least store a few bits like the rear body etc with it.

Somewhere reasonably "secure" preferably, but as cheap as possible! A lot to ask I know. We need help from ASAP to some time this summer, when if all goes to plan one of us will actually own our own house, as opposed to renting. Don't worry, unlike her last "temporary" home we'll make sure she isn't at this one for 18 months...

If this sounds a bit odd it's cos the vehicle is owned by a group of three, we rescued her from a scrapyard a few years back. She's a fairly rare (couple of hundred made) Series 3 1-ton, started her life with the Southern Electricity Board. Some more info on the Landy in question can be found by clicking on the link http://www.rustyrovers.co.uk then going to the "Florence Rebuild Pages" link. She's been stripped down since those photos were taken, due to a change in plan along the lines of "if we are going to do this, we'll do it properly".

Any help, suggestions etc at all would be much appreciated.

I apologise if this is a bit naughtly, with her not technically being an MV and that, and with me being a fairly new member as well.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by brianthesnail96
Change link

No we haven't- great idea, cheers! The Land Rover is much closer to one of the other co- owners at the moment so I'll get him to look into it (I'm in Plymouth at uni!).

Ta!

Matt,

If you get no luck with that, you can try Milbiz. I was chatting to the owner and he might have storage available inside an aircraft hangar. He is based at RAF Wroughton South of Swindon, not far from you.

http://www.milbiz.co.uk/

Worth a go if all else fails.

• 4 months later...

Me again...

We are back in the same boat unfortunately. Not through any fault of ours- the owner of the Land Rover's current storage is emigrating!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I'm now permanently back from uni, so in Gloucestershire (near Stroud/ Stonehouse). Anywhere near there, Oxford/ Swindon or even Manchester (the three of us are rather spread out!) would be great. Doesn't need to be inside- corner of a field would do for now!