Hello from Tim in Canada

Timmy

Hi everyone,

My name is Tim, I am an ex-pat now living in Calgary, Alberta. I grew up in Lancashire where I bought and restored a 1948 series 1, 80 inch Landrover which I had to sell when I moved to Canada, I wish I had shipped her out here to be honest to show these Rednecks what a real 4x4 can do. I recently happened upon a 1988 Bedford MJ which I immediately fell in love with and, after a little bargaining, brought home for the very agreeable sum of $0.00, how could I refuse?

Mechanically she is in really good shape, apart from some idiot chaining her down by the drive shafts to transport her, first money spent right there. I am cleaning up the bodywork right now, it is not too bad but a few small holes here and there, I have the canvas too but it is under 8 ft of snow right now. If anyone has any leads I am looking for some manuals for repairs, parts, operation etc. and would be very grateful for your help.

I have managed to register her for highway use and keep the original English license plate number, 21KF65, so everything matches, now I can get back to scaring people with her.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself guys, have a great day.

DSC02727.JPG

DSC02714.JPG

Welcome Tim

Nice looking truck you've got there

and with 8 feet of snow, looks like it'll come in usefull !!

Parking is by either age, country of origin or amount of oil deposited over night

(oily trucks furthest from the duck pond... it makes them harder to catch) :cool2: