video of bren gun

griff66

• 3 weeks later...

We had a few knocking round our mob in the 60s, 7.62 conversions. Fantastic to fire, really comfortable gun. My neighbour's lad was in the Falklands in 1990 and he carried one there, so the Army got their money's worth.

Here's a video featuring the Sgt Major from Full Metal Jacket comparing the Bren with the BAR. Guess what wins?

early 9o,s i was working in the falklands as a civvy and got to go out to onion range with the army and had a go firing a mortar ! we got to actually drop it into the tube also fired a 9mm browning pistol , sa80 remember that seemed to fall apart in my hands! sniper rifle , fired a gpmg that just jammed all the time , and got to throw a grenade ! throw the grenade not the pin! cant imagine any civillian would be that lucky these days !

• 1 month later...

We used to use them in the ACF back in late 80's and 90's, fantastic weapon and I loved it. They were indestructible unlike the L98's (cadet version of the SA80) which used to jam at every opportunity and lose magazines in the middle of an exercise :D

lovely gun. I turned down an armourers cutaway for under £200 a while back because I did not have the money - still kicking myself now!

WARNNG! Be carefull od Cutaways! There are a LOT floating about that were done by a Dealer here in the UK.

NOT, the correct versions done by the Miliitary!

Mike.

You can still fire single shot ones in Jersey. Great fun,. Especially trying to get the round through the middle of a Polo mint.:D

EXCEEDINLY Easy to convert a Bren/ LMG to semi-Auto only! I used to do LOADS when we were able to own them as shooters here in 'Great'? Britian. Also had them as Shotguns with a smoothbored barrel. a LOT less restrictive than as a Firearm on your cert! Used mainly for Blank firing then!

Today of course, our wonderfull Governments have seen to it that we are not to be entrusted with such fun tools. And now only the Criminal Element have the 'Privellidge' of owning Full & Semi-Automatic Live Firing Arms (Illegally of course) :-( It has made no difference to Armed Crime at all. Crimialise guns, & only Criminals will have them!.........:argh: Rant over! Mike.