Ferrets in the gulf (or any other sand dune..)

Fugly

Hello all

I am trying to find out if my ferret ever saw service in some desert area. Its army reg was 02 CC 12. During its renovation, several builders bags of sand were removed from the interior, it had a desert colour paint (about 2 layers down, out of about 16 layers of paint), and at the rear it has 4 brackets welded on the engine cover plate - which would line up very nicely for a stowage basket over the engine maybe ?. There is another odd bracket welded to 2 studs on the right top / side of the hull. It is a Mk 1/1 liaison. The yellow paint can still be found in some places.

I have its army records which show service with different regiments (BAOR) but only go up to 1989. It is mainly wishful thinking but it would be great to find out if it had been somewhere other than Germany. Does anyone have any information? PS Happy new year to all. :-D

You may be lucky and find Op Granby on the Merlin report, if you are able to get one.

Try writing to ES (Land) Cencus Team, Chetwynd Barracks, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 5HA

...and see what they say. It's a bit hit and miss though, the Spartan has various operation codes on the record card, but the Wolf which was out in Iraq has none.

Chris

Heres another Aden Ferret, they were to be found in the Aden town of "Crater" and further into the "Interior" desert area known as the Radfan.

“Photo Courtesy of xrhgb.com”

xrhp33.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
“Photo Courtesy of xrhgb.com”

Hello all

I am trying to find out if my ferret ever saw service in some desert area. Its army reg was 02 CC 12. During its renovation, several builders bags of sand were removed from the interior, it had a desert colour paint (about 2 layers down, out of about 16 layers of paint), and at the rear it has 4 brackets welded on the engine cover plate - which would line up very nicely for a stowage basket over the engine maybe ?. There is another odd bracket welded to 2 studs on the right top / side of the hull. It is a Mk 1/1 liaison. The yellow paint can still be found in some places.

I have its army records which show service with different regiments (BAOR) but only go up to 1989. It is mainly wishful thinking but it would be great to find out if it had been somewhere other than Germany. Does anyone have any information? PS Happy new year to all. :-D

Put what you have from the army records on here, somebody will be able to point you in the right direction, give you more info.

Thanks again - I have also put a post on militaryphotos.net and I had some nice pictures posted , including one of a desert painted Ferret driving 3 iraq POW's .

There is a fantastic photo of 02 CC 25 in the gulf , would love to know if whoever took that had any more?

Thanks again - I have also put a post on militaryphotos.net and I had some nice pictures posted , including one of a desert painted Ferret driving 3 iraq POW's .

There is a fantastic photo of 02 CC 25 in the gulf , would love to know if whoever took that had any more?

Can you give a link to the thread???.

Here is a picture of the "strap" that has been welded in place across 2 lugs on the offside of the hull. May have had ladder on it ? The link to the other thread is http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171815

or google "FERRETS USED IN THE GULF"

Anybody got a strap like this on their ferret?

Not a ladder from corporate use is it?

Here is a picture of the "strap" that has been welded in place across 2 lugs on the offside of the hull. May have had ladder on it ? The link to the other thread is http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171815

or google "FERRETS USED IN THE GULF"

Anybody got a strap like this on their ferret?

I have an early production Canadian model that has this. I have no idea what purpose it serves.