Generator / APU Question

antar

Question

Does anybody know what this generator is off ? It has a 28.5v output at 75A, is of British / German manufacture (Panda, Fischer), it has an output socket which is the US type intervehicle start socket, it has a single cylinder electric start Yanmar Diesel engine,it requires an external fuel supply and fuel pump, and it looks like this.

REO 009.jpg

REO 010.jpg

REO 011.jpg

8 answers to this question

Thanks for all the replies, I have not telephoned the manufacturer yet but will next week. I did find enclosed inside a circuit diagram which states the customer as RACAL. It has a date on the drawing of 2003.

I have today installed a small fuel pump inside and had it running, it runs perfectly well feeding 28.2v back into the military starter pack which I used to start it (can be seen in one of the pictures). Not sure if this will harm the pack batteries.

Starting is quite clever, the starter motor is 12v but recieves 24v if the batteries it is connected to are charged,so it really turns over quickly. If the batteries are flat there should still be enough voltage for the starter to operate. The remaining electrics are all 12v working of a 24/12v dropper.

We had a fisher panda generator which was installed on a coach(long story cut short)

It took its fuel from the main on board diesel tank , has a 12v starter battery separate to the vehicle electrics , had a roof mounted radiator/fan combo for cooling ,needed a 12v lift pump for the fuel .

Contact fisher panda ,they are really helpful, and friendly the chap in stores (john i think) is a wealth of knowledge as is tech support .

Give them the serial number and they will do the rest

Jamie

We had a fisher panda generator which was installed on a coach(long story cut short)

It took its fuel from the main on board diesel tank , has a 12v starter battery separate to the vehicle electrics , had a roof mounted radiator/fan combo for cooling ,needed a 12v lift pump for the fuel .

Contact fisher panda ,they are really helpful, and friendly the chap in stores (john i think) is a wealth of knowledge as is tech support .

Give them the serial number and they will do the rest

Jamie

Thanks for that Jamie,

Iwill give them a call next week when things get back to normal.