WWII Tommy equipment list

Joris

Hi NIGEL,

i have most items but the knife and fork are very elusive as is the jumper that was carried in the pack. I have a housrwife (but tatty) and most of the washroll contents,so the search goes on.

Ashley

Now you come to mention it I cant remember ever seeing one of the jumpers for sale although I have seen plenty of repros

Nigel

Sabre Sales, in Southsea, Portsmouth, have loads of them, and what Nick (the owner) calls, 'The Webbing Room' The only stuff he hasn't got in '37 pattern webbing, is that which wasn't made!, ...so in other words he's got the lot! Prices are extremely reasonable too!

Sabre Sales, in Southsea, Portsmouth, have loads of them, and what Nick (the owner) calls, 'The Webbing Room' The only stuff he hasn't got in '37 pattern webbing, is that which wasn't made!, ...so in other words he's got the lot! Prices are extremely reasonable too!

Brilliant place...........:-D well worth a visit,......just be VERY slim if he invites you to visit the cellar. :sweat:

What was the standard equipment list used by the WWII Tommy from the Dorset regiment, 43 Wessex? I'm going to start collecting some Tommy stuff too but I want to know what I need first!

Hello

As well as being a vehicle owner, i am display organiser of our re-enactment group, "4th Dorsetshire living history group," we have members all over, and links with the "Keep" in Dorchester, and with "vets",

If you fancy joining us then please get in touch, we dont have a membership fee, but we do ask for "some" degree of commitment, but above all an accurate portrayal of the "Tommy" of WW2 and the will to enjoy yourself!:cool2:

Colin

email annettemurray326@btinternet.com

Phone 01264 391001