WW1 Steam?

Cel

I found this picture in an old book that I bought several years ago. I am wondering whether this could be a WW1 scene, as there don't seem to be many pictures of steam tractors used in WW1. If anyone has more WW1 steam pictures, please add them to this thread!

Thanks, Marcel

scannen0001a.jpg

I found this picture in an old book that I bought several years ago. I am wondering whether this could be a WW1 scene, as there don't seem to be many pictures of steam tractors used in WW1. If anyone has more WW1 steam pictures, please add them to this thread!

Thanks, Marcel

Marcel, I think the first traction engine used by the ASC was in 1904. The uniforms look more of that period than WW1.

Built a year too late for WW1 was McLaren Road Locomotive Boadicea which is seen below. Being built in 1919 it was one of 55 that was made for the War Office to pull 49mm guns.

I took some pictures of it at work at Dorset over the past few years. The first picture it is the second engine in the line-up while the second picture shows the back-end which gives a good view of the split coal box so that the crew could get on and off it easier.

100.jpg

149.jpg