Fv432 family owners

Dougy FV432

hello all,

I am getting ready to send my latest update for my 432 website uploaded for the end of the month.

If there are any owners of the 432 family who are interested in having thier vehicle included in the list of owners, could you please send me a couple of pics, the army registration, hull number, and a rough location.

Don't worry if you don't make it for this time, I do try update once a month.

thanks in advance for any info

Regards

Dougy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Thanks for some more fab pics Alan.

Does anyone know what the key looking thing to the left on pic 4 is ( the one with the straps). it is the 1st reference I.ve seen to this "tool", they are about 10" long, and some how I ended up with a few, just never known what they are for.

Still chance for anyone to include details for website, hopefully be uploaded beginning of next week.

Regards

Dougy

added itemwell done chaps I wondered who would be first to spot that the last one is wrong for this topic.:nono:

Seriously you knock out 25000 negs and theres always somebody picks up on errors:sweat:

I shall leave it for the time being!!

Dougie if it isnt for a large tin of corned beef then is it the key that opens the top latch of the semi circular roof door section?

Edited by alan turner (RIP)
added item

You might want to keep those dimensioned drawings out of a certain vehicle agencies sight... Assuming there are still FV-43x models out there still to be be registered for road use!!!

50 of them at Whitam's apparently.

Not much chance of one of them sneaking under DVLA's radar. Not after that well publicised case down South of tracked armour shenanigans.

50 of them at Whitam's apparently.

Not much chance of one of them sneaking under DVLA's radar. Not after that well publicised case down South of tracked armour shenanigans.

wow another 50...that is a lot...might try to get me a cheap one for a small project I have...cut it about and turn it into an off road carryall with a small flat bed and crane...does the k60 have a hydraulic pump that could be used for a small crane..

could do with some of those drawings too explaining the routes of someof those cable sets is great...

Oh dear! Barry,

happened to come across this pic of a 432 on the 2nd Queens Regt Website.

Hope they fixed the oil leak before you got it.

432oneofour432sleakingoilatSennelag.jpg

The caption says one of our 432s leaking oil at Senelager Training Centre.

Corresponds with the copy of the service card you gave me, that it served with 2nd Queens.

Latest update for the website is imminent!

Regards

Dougy

Oh dear! Barry,

happened to come across this pic of a 432 on the 2nd Queens Regt Website.

Hope they fixed the oil leak before you got it.

432oneofour432sleakingoilatSennelag.jpg

The caption says one of our 432s leaking oil at Senelager Training Centre.

Corresponds with the copy of the service card you gave me, that it served with 2nd Queens.

Latest update for the website is imminent!

Regards

Dougy

That leak is fixed, but the other side weeps slightly!!

Great to see a pic of the old girl in service. I've looked before and found nothing so this is a bonus. Shame there are no visibe markings, it would be good to add some markings from her past.

Many Thanks

Barry

Hi All,

Just to let you all know the latest update of the fv432 site is up and running, yes I know there seems to be a few link probs again, too many late nights. Seem to get one thing sorted and something else goes astray. Shame the videos didnt embed.

Barry, that was the only pic on their site. Shows how sad I am when I start to recognise registrations! One day I'll come across mine.

Regards

Dougy

Hi Sharky,

Sorry I don't have any access to any records. I was told you can try this address that i was given when I asked the question on this forum a few weeks ago courtesy of Chris Sirhc,

ES (Land) Cencus Team

Chetwynd Barracks

Chilwell

Nottingham

NG9 5HA

Just as a matter of interest what is the reg?

Regards

Dougy

Hi Sharky,

Sorry I don't have any access to any records. I was told you can try this address that i was given when I asked the question on this forum a few weeks ago courtesy of Chris Sirhc,

ES (Land) Cencus Team

Chetwynd Barracks

Chilwell

Nottingham

NG9 5HA

Just as a matter of interest what is the reg?

Regards

Dougy

dougy , reg is 17EA83

also out of curiosity were any fv432 's used by other armies cos i know of one that was in a pink,green & black camo with dutch stenciling inside i, ve got the reg and some pics somewhere i'll dig em out

iain

Hi Iain,

I sure there was a weird coloured 432 that went through the sales a year or so ago. Afraid I can't find any pics. There is a pic from the 1st Royal Sussex and 3rd Queens regt coming up on the website in the next couple of days and it states Danish troops riding on a 432, so there can be a connection!

I assume you own 17EA83, any chance of a pic for the website?

Regards

Dougy