Hanbury Steam and Vintage Car Rally

Smithy

Went to Hanbury Steam and Vintage Car Rally today which is just south of Bromsgrove. Good rally and run by the same people who put on the Evesham rally as well as various others.

Met younggun with his Explorer in a military section which contained about 20 vehicles. Not a bad show at all really and was made even better by the weather with plenty of sunshine all day.

Below are some of the vehicles that were on offer in the military section.

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

042.jpg

Edited by Smithy

hi smithy was nice to meet u thanks for putting these nice pics up not long got back from the show a lot more turnd up today nearly twice wot was there yesterday .

the engine on the trailer i think is from a cheffitan tank not sure of the make but its twink crank 2stroke and I WANT ONE

thanks nick

hi smithy was nice to meet u thanks for putting these nice pics up not long got back from the show a lot more turnd up today nearly twice wot was there yesterday .

the engine on the trailer i think is from a cheffitan tank not sure of the make but its twink crank 2stroke and I WANT ONE

thanks nick

Yes nice to meet you as well mate. Oh right darn it wish I had gone today but had other things on, oh well.

You are right about the engine and it sounded lovely I'm sure you would agree!!!

Cheers, Scott

Fortunately the organiser Keith Shakespeare will not be organising the Evesham Easter Show or the Evesham Steam Rally in August anymore.

He used to go out if his way to tell me that "the public don't come to see the military section, they are a bit funny about the military you know!"

I accept that at a Vintage show not everyone is interested in every section, but to say that when the USP (Unique Selling Point) at Evesham is the WW2 Camp is just daft, especially when its full of people milling around!

Fortunately the organiser Keith Shakespeare will not be organising the Evesham Easter Show or the Evesham Steam Rally in August anymore.

He used to go out if his way to tell me that "the public don't come to see the military section, they are a bit funny about the military you know!"

I accept that at a Vintage show not everyone is interested in every section, but to say that when the USP (Unique Selling Point) at Evesham is the WW2 Camp is just daft, especially when its full of people milling around!

I had read about this change elsewhere Paul and a number of their shows are going to be at Stratford Armouries next year.

As I have said on here and in a report I did on the Evesham Steam Rally for Worlds Fair for me the show was made a hell of a lot better for visitors by having the added attraction of Ashdown Camp and all that came with it (it certainly increased the vehicle numbers).

I think those that hadn’t had the chance to experience the camp will certainly be missing out.

Were you there on Sunday? Just interested to get my hands on any photo's of the band and curious to know if we sounded any good!! :-D

We were there on Sunday, sorry no photo's but did see you and you did sound good:yay:

• 2 weeks later...